Can not find a classic Engineering trainer

Alright, I accidentally picked up a crafting profession and unlearned my Engineering profession. I know I need to relearn it from the beginning because I’ve been using and creating items like Jeeves, along with other toys and mounts. However, while relearning classic engineering, the trainers stopped at mithril tubes. Now, I can’t find a single trainer that teaches the Mithril Tubes skill up to TBC engineering. I’m certain I haven’t learned Mithril Tubes because when I search for it, it shows as unlearned in the new profession UI. So, who can teach me Mithril Tubes and other engineering skills up to TBC?

The engineering trainers for mithril items are in Gadgetzan, I believe.

Unstable Triggers, Mithril Casings, Hi-Explosive Bombs, Dense Blasting Powder, Thorium Widgets, Thorium Tubes.

Every single one of these 200-300 recipes are taught by Roxxik in Orgrimmar or Springspindle Fizzlegear in Ironforge.

That’s pretty much the sequence I used leveling vanilla Engineering when it was just “Engineering” (before BC).

1 Like

Also be mindful that Engineering can be in 2 subgroups: goblin and gnome. If you have not re-learned those, some recipes will not show up at all.

1 Like

True, but the leveling path in that website doesn’t require either specialization. They’re generic recipes.

And when I looked at the trainable Engineering recipes on Roxxik in Orgrimmar this morning, all recipes for both specializations as well as for no specialization were available and in the list; but the schematics that requires one of the specializations were marked “xx specialization required” and were not trainable if you didn’t have that specialization.

No, I went down there, but only found a Cataclysm engineering trainer and the same for Springspindle Fizzlegear. As for the Mithril items, I believe you’re referring to Blacksmithing.

Why is it so hard to level up in engineering?

BTW: This is the alt I have Engineering on.

Vanilla engineering trainers also trained Cataclysm level professions, because most of Cataclysm was in classic worldspaces. But those trainers are not exclusively “Cataclysm trainers”. Don’t be fooled by “Cataclysm Engineering” being offered as the first item in their training list. Vanilla Engineering schematics are mixed in with Cataclysm ones on that trainer, so you’ll have to look for them by name. (Filtering for “Available” while turning off “Unavailable” should isolate the list to just what you’re eligible for.

And the mithril items I cited are, indeed, Engineering schematics for late-game vanilla parts. Blacksmithing did not have a monopoly on mithril- or thorium- based projects; both required recipes based on those metals (or their associated stone) to max out vanilla skills.

Alright, I experimented with the filter on Springspindle Fizzlegear. Initially, I checked what I had learned from the trainer, then I looked at what was available to learn from him. I did the same with the Gadgetzan trainer, but it showed nothing. When I checked the unavailable section, it displayed Cata recipes, not the classic ones. I also recall traveling to Gadgetzan to acquire some Mithril recipes from a quest there for my Paladin Blacksmith. This could have changed since I did that during the Pandaria expansion.

Update: I’ve decided to abandon classic Engineering. As I mentioned, my main interest lies in using Jeeves, the toys, and mounts I’ve crafted through Engineering, specifically in retail. I had a hunch that leveling classic wasn’t necessary, but all the Engineering leveling guides for retail I found always began with classic. They never mentioned that you don’t need classic to learn any other expansion versions of Engineering. I appreciate everyone who attempted to assist me during this frustrating period. By the way, unless you’re leveling a new alternate character, it’s virtually impossible to level classic Engineering on retail servers.

It’s been a while but I believe Mithril Tubes was taught by the trainer in Tanaris, in Gadgetzan. There may be a quest that eventually sends you to him because the trainer in the starting city tells you you’re now good enough that you need to go there to learn more.