Can i ask a question about new rtx series?

I’m looking to buy a new pc with rtx 3080. Can it handle wow of 144 fps at 1440p at all time?

majority of the time.

There are certain scenarios where its not really your hardware’s fault.

1 Like

even at raid?

Raids/Populated places I’d keep the expectation closer to 60fps.
I’m sure you will be above the 60fps mark, but its hard to say as each boss fight will vary

For example in Orbios on Stormrage staring at the middle, i get anywhere between 90fps to my cap of 144fps with the slider pulled to 10.

1 Like

yea it’s fine with 60 fps in raids

A question I should have asked is…
what is your setup going to be?
a 3080 is great, but what else is in it? I’m assuming its going to be a amd 5800x or higher or an intel equivalent ?

My Ryzen 9 5900X / RTX 3080 / 32GB DDR4-3800 yawns at world boss zerg with 27 FPS @ 2560x1440 Level 10. Game is bottlenecking both CPU and GPU. Thread usage isn’t 100% and GPU is pumping only 90ish out of 340 watts.

that seems normal, but what is new to me was the insane amount of server lag that comes with it.

Didn’t recall lagging previous expac.

Yup. They did not upgrade the server. Adding more stuffs with same server is asking for lag.

i don’t understand much about the set up of a pc, all i know is gpu is gonna be 3080rtx and sure cpu would be a good one like 3080

are you trying to say i shouldn’t get 1440p monitor for this game? i really don’t like having 27 fps at any point.

Only with massive 100+ players zerg at Level 10. Normal raid like Castle Natria got plenty of performance.

Like I said, my hardware yawns at WoW on zergs.

do you have a link to the prebuilt?

not so sure, i’m spending around 4000$ including monitor and the shop owner will make it up for me around that value

thats very steep… even for a 3080.
unless its a custom water loop.

I hope the shop owner is a good friend or trustworthy.

Yeah…I could build a PC with a 3080 for around $1500-$1600. If it’s $4k, a LOT of that money better be on other stuff. Expensive monitors, etc.

You’re getting ripped off unless it’s a custom waterloop with really fancy rgb

With that kind of money I’d expect a rtx 3090

Video cards are stupidly over priced atm. If you can wait I would. New stuff is coming soon and once the card prices stabilize again you can get just as good or better for less money.

WoW’s engine is just not well-optimized, but I’m still able to get decent FPS at 1440p with my RTX 2060 and my i7-4790.

1 Like