Can everyone finally admit that 1.12 is nerfed Vanilla?

Now. They want to feel like they “beat” a game they were terrible at 15 years ago.

Those people still exist. I see them in AV!

After reading a fair amount of posts and watching a few youtube streamer videos, it’s very clear that most people who act as a Vanilla WoW authority are private server people who think that the game they played there is the original game.

2 Likes

Sorry, but who DIDN’T think that 1.12 was a nerfed version of Vanilla?

Blizzard said as much in the patch notes, etc.

1 Like

But blIZzArD SaID CLasSIc Is a museuM piEce

A dude by the name of Velquez posted about this a while ago. It fired him up so much that he complied all of the changes from 1.1 to 1.12. Read it here:

List didn’t take into account talent changes either.

How much mana does that regen over the course of a 3-5min fight, because bosses in mc die so fast.

I would be more interested to know who actually went into Classic needing to be convinced of this.

1 Like

95% of the people playing

“1.13” is classic. All wowhead means by that is it was available from the beginning of Classic.

It was not added with the vanilla mage refit in 1.11 and I see comments on it going back to 1.4 so no, it’s not new.

The nerfs listed by Velquez are mostly trivial and do not come close to accounting for the difference. Buffs to players are a bigger factor.

We also know there were undocumented changes. The most famous nerf (“bug fix”, if you prefer) to unkillable C’Thun, is not documented anywhere in any patch notes.

I’m fairly sure Mage Armor didn’t exist at launch.

I don’t remember exactly when it was added, but I remember it being added post-launch.

Why does any of this matter? If you don’t like it, don’t play it.

I see it in the patch notes for version 1.3, 5 months into vanilla.

• New Spell: Mage Armor (Available at level 34) - Allows for 30% of mana regeneration to function while casting and increases resistance to all magic schools. Does not stack with Frost/Ice Armor.
1 Like

I thought we’ve been complaining about this since launch

They didn’t always.

1.12 is nerfed everything until Naxx

so 1.5 years of content will be laughable

CAN EVERYONE FINALLY ADMIT THAT 1.12 IS NERFED VANILLA?

Sure, but nerfed Vanilla is best Vanilla.

So, it’s fine.

1 Like

it was added in 1.3, march 7 2005. so like 4 months after wow came out

15 years later, I’m still this way :cocktail: