Can Divine Toll just hit 5 times and stop with this slot machine junk

Honestly it just feels horrible when you push your 1 minute CD and it hits 1 time for 10k damage. Ret has enough problems it shouldn’t have to deal with this slot machine gameplay.

4 Likes

Next you’ll ask for 100% crit on auto attacks.

1 Like

Yeah cause that’s totally the same thing, goodbye troll.

3 Likes

They can’t really do that because of PvP.
Ringing Clarity was a huge part of Ret being overtuned, and still is.

yeah it can feel bad to only proc once when you have max conduits since its 80%, but itll fix itself on the next patch we get it up to 98% i think so i guess its whatever

It already capped at 3 for PVP so that doesn’t matter. Ret isn’t “overtuned”, it’s not even the best melee spec, it’s not even the best Paladin spec. Since Divine Toll nerfs the spec is perfectly fine, it does what it’s supposed to do and plays to its 1 strength which is burst.

1 Like

Ret is overtuned when paired with a Necro Arms Warrior which is why its among the best 3s comp in the game right now.

2 Likes

no, pvp is a factor, i dont want divine toll to get nerfed cause people qq about getting one shot by 5 hits of judgement and that pvp talent. next patch we’re literally gonna get it to 100% chance to hit more than once with empowered conduit

1 Like

Next patch Divine Toll will be readily approaching a 100% procc chance. As it is with an empowered 252 conduit, the procc chance is like 80%, iirc.

Out of all the things you could complain about as ret, this is certainly NOT one of them.
How about asking for some actually mobility.

1 Like

Nah make CS and BoJ do more damage than auto attacks and we are fine.

And? So bad for Ret to be top tier once every 10 years? At least if it hit a certain number of times it would be easier to balance.

No, even if its 100% its only a 100% chance to hit UP TO so many extra times.

Mobility has been okay, 2 empowered horses is better than it’s been for a while. Sorry if I want to hit my 1 minute CD and it actually do more than 10k damage while also being more predictable and not feel SUPER LACKLUSTER when it only generates 1 HP.

Each individual procc has the listed % as a chance to occur, the reason you won’t always see all 3 is simply how probability tends to work. That said, we’ll shortly have a near 100% chance to procc an additional hammer for each hammer, up to 3 total. There’s still a vague chance you’ll only hit 1, however with next patch that chance will be so minimal it’ll be, more often than not, a complete fluke.

Very rarely does my DT only hit once.
Almost always does it hit 5 times.
Mayne you need higher ilvl conduit for it

My Divine Toll barley likes to proc for its full amount even at it’s max while being empowered. Putting abilities like Divine Toll behind a proc isn’t a way they should be making stuff that defines doing +200k dps if it procs or doesn’t.

I’m sure my conduit is higher than yours, and I’m not sure how you can defend this kind of gameplay. I swear there are more trolls on here than people actually playing the game. Who says, “NO, I don’t want my ability to actually perform to its best ability 100% of the time, I love hitting it and only getting 1 Judgment or HP out of it, ITS SO FUN.”

It’s bad design, it doesn’t reward you for playing well and actually feels punishing when you get unlucky. Other classes don’t have to deal with this garbage and neither should Ret, especially as Kyrian when you are constantly having to play these stupid minigames like collecting the balls or spinning in circles to face your doubt.

2 Likes

I’m not sure you entirely know the definition of a troll.
People use that term way too much and It doesn’t mean what they think it means. Just because someone does t share your view point doesn’t make that person a troll, and that’s an incredibly toxic way of seeing things.
Also, I never said it was good game design.
But maybe the RNG gods are lame to you because of your saltiness.

Like I said, my divine toll hits the target 5 times pretty much everytike I use it.
I actually agree with you on everything you said and think you’re right.
But like I said, mine hardly ever just hits once.
As a matter of fact, up untill a couple mo ths ago I thought divine toll always hit 5 times u till I actually red the conduit for it and saw that it’s percentage based.

yes, do you want dt to 100% hit 3 extra times? lets look at my numbers for DT with and without my full burst

DT alone: 4,599, hits 4 times for 18.4k. right off the bat, hits four times doing nearly 19k worth of damage, if it hits 1 time its nearly 4,600.

with my burst (wings, reck, seraph, icd): 9,424 max hit, 1 hit for 7932, hits 4 times for 36k, one hit is nearly 9,5k. all four nearly 40k.

imagine if i crit with my burst, if took the time to stack crit instead of haste, each hit of dt almost 19k, x4 almost 80k. thats not accounting for the next patch power creep, tier sets, borrowed power, stat creep, etc etc

all in pve situation, pvp you have alot of damage repression but id imagine it will still chunk during burst considering the current arena ret videos on youtube

i wanna make my stance real clear, having dt hit 4 times 100% would be fun, amazing even. but looking past my ret paladin bias i can see DT would be extremely broken if it was allowed to hit 3 extra times guaranteed. so much so it would probs be nerfed to do half of its current damage. hitting as hard as a regular judgement. then the fourms will QQ about how DT is just normal judgement that can hit 3 more times.

think critically, think beyond what you see right now, look at your gear level and look and how much of a gap of power 230ilvl is to 240ilvl. consider past expansions last patch power creep. were probs gonna hit ilvl 280 with 300ilvl legos. consider anyt nerfs and balances that might happen next patch, and finally think about in what way DT would surely get nerfed in, if it can hit 3 extra times 100%.

DT is a ability that is impossible to buff nerf or balance in a way that doesnt make it stupidly weak or mindboggling strong

Well then lets just leave the damage part the same but make it generate 5 HP no matter what and then it wont suck as bad.

1 Like

It’s not even possible for it to hit 5 times now…Ringing Clarity can proc 3 times (total 4 hits) or twice in PvP (total 3 hits).