Can different flights mate?

Probably just be one flight’s color or the other. Otherwise Deathwing and Nelfarious wouldn’t have spent so much time and effort in the creation of the Chromatic Flight. Which they succeeded in doing. Although I think we hunted down all of them for engineered to be corrupt and crazy from the egg.

2 Likes

either emulating just one of their parents or mixing the 2 colors together, which if we use the red and black example would probably end up a very dark brownish

Isn’t Keriastrasza proof they can? Malygos seemed to think so.

Feels like the easiest way to solve this is the Pokemon route.

The whelp will be their mother’s flight, but probably have some powers from their father’s flight. Of course, Malygos and Keriastraza makes that unlikely, since it sounded like he intended to use her to create more Blues.

Maybe it’s just whichever parent is stronger or something. I don’t know. Or heck, maybe the eggs are a mixed bag. Seems like each flight’s eggs are different from one another and distinguishable visually.

Pokemon Infinite Fusion route could end up with some horrifying results, though.

4 Likes

Covid is no longer the worst thing to happen to me today.

3 Likes

Frankly like others have said unless we ever get canon examples to contradict it I’d say dragons can reproduce cross-flight because they’re the same species (just different tribes), but generally don’t because of the different cultures of each flight (not to mention some flights, like the blues being nearly extinct, mixing with other flights when your own is dying doesn’t make much sense).

Deathwing originally wanted both Alex and Ysera as his mates, Malygos was going to force Keristrasza to replace Saragosa ((On a side note, that made the quest where you try to persuade Kirygosa to rejoin the flight a little awkward on a meta level if you did the Keristrasza chain in Coldarra. “Lovely to meet you Kiry, let’s not mention the fact that I’m the one who killed your mother” >_>;; )

Proto-dragons seem to produce multiple colors of offspring. Alex and Ysera were from the same clutch. It’s just Blizzard in general is too lazy to create unique models.

I assume so, since they’re the same race, just with different magical attunements to Azeroth.

I wonder what the child of dragons from two different flights would look like, though. And if they can express both sides of their heritage, or only manifest one.