Can Boosted characters unlock Zandalari Trolls?

I recently came back from a long hiatus, and got Shadowlands. I boosted a character and would like to work on unlocking the Zandalari Trolls. I know I have to get some achievements, but I have no clue where to start. Do I just have to make a new character and do it that way instead of using my boosted character?

You can do the unlock just fine on a boosted toon. The main caveat is that the Alliance allied races require dungeons, and so you either need to level lock at 50 to keep access to the dungeon finder or find a group manually/level and gear up and solo them. The Horde allied races don’t require any dungeons, so it’s not an issue there.

The boost (assuming a level 50 boost) will have the first part of BfA content already flagged as completed, which will give you a bit of a head start. You can take the portal to Zuldazar from the portal room in Orgrimmar to get started.

To complete the questing zone achievements, start at the scouting map in the Great Seal and pick a zone to start questing in. (You’ll need to do them all, so it doesn’t matter where you start. Story wise, the best order is Zuldazar, Nazmir, Vol’dun but they are all pretty independent.)

For the War Campaign, all of the quests will start with Nathanos on the Banshee’s Wail in Zuldazar Harbor. You may need to pick up your Heart of Azeroth for them to be available. (So, if Nathanos doesn’t have anything for you, that’s the next thing to try.) You can try taking the portal from the Great Seal to Silithus and see if Magni has the quest for you. There’s also an Earthen Guardian NPC near the Zuldazar Harbor flightpath. See if they have “A Dying World.” (Which will lead you to Magni.)

As a note, while you are doing the pre-requisites for the Zandalari, you’ll also complete them for both the Mag’har and Vulpira.

4 Likes

This is awful and not intuitive. I boosted a horde character (first retail horde) and i have been trying to figure out how to start BFA for an hour now. If starting fresh (no boost) it seems to be easy to start the campaign, but as a boosted character it is confusing as hell.

I am just trying to unlock zandalari trolls. Trying to finish the questline achievements and when looking at guides on wowhead there doesn’t seem to be those quests available to me on the map.

Thank you btw. This was the explanation i needed.