Can 2 Accounts on same Battlenet play together?

Let me start by apologizing because I am sure there is a better place to post than GD but I couldn’t think of it.

The title says it all, I have a spare account thats Legion Capped and I was wondering if my girlfriend could play on it at the same time I am on my BFA account?

She loves all the mounts I have collected and the heirlooms would certainly help, but whenever I sign in on my laptop it seems to sign me off on my tower?

Anyone know if this can be done? And if so how can I manage to stay logged in on both accounts simultaneously?

It’s technically possible (that’s what multiboxers do, play at the same time on multiple licenses under the same battlenet account), but it would be a bad idea in this case. That’s because it amounts to account sharing, which is strictly against the rules. The only person you can share an account with is your minor child (or a child whose legal guardian you are).

8 Likes

https://pics.me.me/shes-right-you-know-com-17944876.png

Sounds like a good time to get her an account and go earn some mounts!

As to that, are you selecting the second account from the little drop down menu before hitting play?

2 Likes

Yeah it’s possible. My child was on my bnet from Wrath to Legion. However, I kicked her off when she turned 18 and it was no longer allowed.

3 Likes

(This is Derpes, don’t know why character swapped)

Thank you guys for the quick responses!

I am glad you mentioned the account sharing, I hadn’t even considered that since they were 2 separate accounts, didn’t realize they had to be 2 separate BNET accounts.

Kind of lame since it is still an extra 15 bucks a month, but I totally get it.

Thanks again!

You can have multiple accounts under the same Battlenet and same payment method where you can have both accounts open on the same computer or on separate computers.

Account Sharing is only permitted in the case of a Parent and Minor Child.

Of course, that leaves it up to Blizzard actually being able to verify that the other player on the second account isn’t your minor child.

You should be able to transfer the account to your girlfriend (and even still pay for it yourself) as then it will actually be her account and not yours.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/900711105

2 Likes

this isn’t something which is done.

6 Likes

The names on the two Battle.​net accounts would have to match in order to transfer WoW accounts between them. Which means both Battle.​net accounts belong to OP and his girlfriend still isn’t allowed to access either of them.

2 Likes

Blizzard can put whatever name they want on an account. When my daughter split from my bnet, that’s exactly what they did.

However, if they will do that for the OP is unknown. I’ve read stories where they did do it for couples that didn’t realize they couldn’t play together (or so they claimed) but the more likely scenario is Blizzard is going to tell him to just buy her a copy of the game.

You’ll never know unless you ask, Derpes.

1 Like

Seems I might have been mistaken. Support article, updated two months ago:

Games can only be transferred from an account to another to Combine Blizzard Accounts.

1 Like

Do you and your girlfriend live together and thus share an IP address? If so, they will never know you’re sharing your account unless you tell them by creating a topic asking if you can do so.

2 Likes

LOL I was thinking the same thing but I wasn’t going to type it :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably ‘can’ do it. Probably shouldnt given the ToS agreement.
They claim this is about your account being at risk…ie you could ‘lose everything’.
But they expose that this isnt the reason at all when one of the punishments for finding out that you are sharing your account is to ban you…ie you lose everything even if someone hasnt hacked your account.
If this were actually about your account security, perma banning wouldnt even be mentioned. You’d only lose your crap if someone stole your account. The idea that sharing can get your account suspended/banned means its more about the other guy youre letting play on your account paying the $$$ for his own account.

that all said, my wife and I have a few accounts. Some are hers, some are mine, and we pretty much stick to our own accounts.

I had my kids on my account when they were under 18. You can do it. Pet battles and in game voice chat are wonky though.

Gonna be rude and say it. I wouldnt do it with a girlfriend, heck even a wife with 50% ending in divorce nowadays. If you break up and argue at all, Blizz is most likely to just ban both accounts instead of getting caught in a legal battle.

1 Like