Can’t wait for dracthyr tanks

IF the 3rd spec happens at all its not looking like it will be a Tank. Its looking more like it will be either something akin to Disc OR a DPS/Heal hybrid like Shadow/Ret/Enhance (i’d personally be hella down for the later).

You might be waiting forever… I mean, I would think an Evoker tank would be cool but - knowing Blizzard - I wouldn’t count on it.

I have a very strong feeling its a melee spec but not sure on tank or support yet. Reason im feeling melee is they are able to transmog weapons to 2h swords and maces and axes which only classes that also have a melee spec are able to do

I think OP plans to use their breath as a weapon. No holding of breath indeed

It’s coming after hunter tnaks.

I, specifically, will survive and fly back down to earth just to spite you.

1 Like

Its not a tank spec, its a support spec and its NPC-only.

It wont. Tanks must always be melee.

i know its not a tank spec just asking how it would even work

Thats what Im saying…it wouldnt, it would be a weird off-tank for very specific instances. We had one raid in bfa where one boss had to be ranged tanked by casters and it barely did damage.

How so? They’ve got lots of design potential for black dragonflight-themed abilities for a tank spec and it’s not like empowered abilities don’t work in melee range already.

Glorious when those who make blanket posts of ‘the thing you like/hope for, that has had copious obvious datamined bits showing it will happen, won’t happen, get over it’ are shown up.

Anyhow, sorry to others for the Necro, but I did say we will make sure to immortalize it later when it was inevitably proven wrong.

3 Likes

They should’ve gone with it being a tank spec. Looking at all the abilities it would be easily suited for a tank that buffs his entire party.

Making it a dps spec just means it will be added to the pool of dps begging to get into groups. And the abilities are not that frequent or powerful that it’s going to be worth bringing.

2 Likes

They just need to make playable Drakonid. With access to all the tanking classes. There’s the big, strong, imposing, fierce dragon fantasy fulfilled that you’re never going to get out of Dracthyr just by contorting them into tanks.

Congrats! You were right!

I’m still superior to you though since I’m a gnome. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that too. For posterity.

It should be but they are not, he wants to add a new spec more like it was MOBA, that is, apart from the dps, tank and healer, now there will be support.

But wtf, one more priest in the ranks, that’s what’s disgusting and cringe about this new class and race, it’s the same as there was with dici priest a long time ago in WoW, he’s not a healer, he’s more of a support that gives a shield or improves status , only this time this class will help the dps more.

ohh… a month thread, That’s what I get for not reading the entire thread.

Welp we now know what the third spec is

2 Likes

2 Likes

I had to do the same thing when people were like “iOn SaY nO tHIrD SpEK.”

Feelin’ good.

even Sindragrosa’s Welps in ICC did more dps than that.