Can’t unlock mechagnomes

My gnome mage has The Mechagonian Threat completed and one of my horde characters is exalted with Rustbolt Rebellion but the quest won’t show up?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/issues-with-unlocking-mechagnomes/

1 Like

I believe you need a prerequisite of revered on the alliance toon you are trying to complete it on

I have completed the achievement on my alliance toon. That’s why I’m confused.

You need to have both requirements unlocked on your Alliance character. Having the rep on your Horde character doesn’t count towards them.

for the love of the gods do not do junkyard first then

That sounds wrong. I had the void elf and LFD unlocks on horde and boosted an alliance to do the quests.

Blizzard has confirmed that the reputation requirement can be fulfilled on a horde toon multiple times. Either they are lying or this is a very frustrating bug.

2 Likes

That’s what a lot of people expected but Neth said earlier the reqs would have to be done on an Alliance character. I’ll see if I can dig it up.

Really hard to believe that the only resource saying that we have to do the mechagon quest line on alliance is a one sentence blue post buried in a thread about death knights. If that’s true, they completely dropped the ball on communication. Not like that’s new.

1 Like

Yup this is a known issue. Would appreciate a response on this.

It’s not a issue, it was intended and they never told us about it, just some days ago

Good luck on getting a response . I went on twitter to call them out on this bs . Key Feature of expansion gives Alliance two new races while Horde only gets one because they don’t main Alliance . That just proves the bias at Blizzard and the lack of transparency regarding unlocking Allied Races .

1 Like

If it’s not an issue then show us the post some days ago that it says the quest line is account-wide except for the Mechagonian Threat.

A blue post just sad that we need to do it with a alliance char. And a dev in the Twitter sad was necessary the mechagon intro questline with the alliance.

Well then Blizzard is lying . https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/emhew3/update_verified_by_blizz_dev_horde_mains_exalted/

There is no point to gain rep with rustbolt on Horde side if doing the rep and quest-lines were not account-wide. Only factions that require to be a certain faction are non-allied races . This is an issue that needs to be resolved with a Blue Post that is completely competent in knowing exactly the issue and how to resolve it without having to be sarcastic in saying just do it on a Alliance .

Horde completed it all , Horde should be able to log onto a 120 Alliance to complete the unlock scenario like it says in the Achievement .

“Intro questline” ends when we kill the king. I’m not saying it’s fair, this is ridiculous. They should have told us about it months ago.

Or they put it account-wide or just remove the rep needed to take the quest to kill the king.

WTH!!! That’s not a intro quest that’s a full blow months wait just to get to revered to kill the king . That’s complete lunacy to not divulge such information but to have a whole faction assume they could do it without the need to grind out rep on a Alliance . What if that Horde player only wants Mechagnomes and waited to level a Alliance . Not only do they have to level to 120 but also get geared enough to jump into Naz’jatar and the quest-lines leading up to Naz’jatar . Then rep grind months of Rustbolt and then a scenario . That’s just overkill for a Allied Race .

Not only is it unfair but it’s also biased as hell to allow Alliance just a rep grind / quest-line for Vulpera that isn’t gated by such mechanics that would make a person gouge their eyes out.