Campaign Quest Locked Behind Raiding

I mean, it’s not really helpful lol.

I don’t do organized raiding, so I must wait until June 19th when the wing opens in LFR unless I just use Youtube, which I might as well do lol.

28 Likes

I guess this question needs to pop up: Why is LFR time gated?

I really don’t care much for Sarkareth or most of the story of 10.1 so I’m not in a huge rush to PUG a Normal group for it but I’m just not sure why LFR is gated to begin with. Is it loot progression based? It can’t be for the story because people will see it done day one.

37 Likes

So… the spoiler for the final campaign might already be a harder secret than the Lich King. :dracthyr_sweat:

10.1.5. has a role for what happens.

edit: Making a new Aspect behind finishing the raid is another hilarious bad move.

4 Likes

People will tell you to give LFR players a sense of progression. They will throw in the Determination buff and that LFR players are all gigabads who can’t clear the content without it.

But realistically, it’s just to increase the MAUs.

19 Likes

So I was right. Its when you kill sarkareth.

Yes? We’ve established that a bit of this is necessary, especially for more casual players.

People would do that anyway. Im just tired of seeing nothing but complaints from these forums. People complain about anything and everything.

If I had to make a guess it would have to do with balancing. Its going to be harder to tune the raid for a group of people with no cohesion compared to a group that probably does research and has planed jobs each raid.

I agree to an extent, but time-gating LFR has never made sense to me. The entire raid is available in 3 different difficulties…but for some reason, they insist that LFR-Only players must wait over a month to access every boss.

28 Likes

Why?

Yes, which most people aren’t immediately clearing.

Because how else are they gonna keep those casuals subbed if they can complete the story when everybody else does?!

Said a Blizzard shareholder, as he paused the latest Bellular video on Youtube

13 Likes

I mean you don’t need a subscription if you’re just going to watch it on youtube.

Or watch a streamer play the raid for you.

Would you just stop. All you keep doing is trying to make it some mau argument. Not every decision you dont like is to pad time played in the game.

2 Likes

It would be a lot less egregious if you made the LFR wings a weekly release instead of once every two weeks.

14 Likes

This one clearly is though. If you don’t like reading criticism of the game then don’t read it, go play the game you apparently are enjoying

21 Likes

Look, I’m gonna be honest: even though normal Sarkareth is a complete joke and 99% of the folks upset about this could easily kill that boss within a couple pulls, it seems really, really strange to make killing him a requirement for the campaign despite LFR Sarkareth being several weeks away.

I dunno; I just don’t like that.

18 Likes

“Good, they actually believe that timegating LFR is for their benefit and not to pad out the subs. This is perfect I told you this was a good idea!”

A Blizzard shareholder said while looking at the line on the spreadsheet called “MAU” going up.

13 Likes

Its clearly not? The ending is tied to whatever happens at the end of the raid. You would have likely no context of what is going on.

1 Like

Why do you play a game from a company you clearly hate?

1 Like

dons comfortable Outrage Slippers

AAARGH!

2 Likes

Because I live in a world where the vast vast majority of everything I enjoy is created by people that actively hate me.

Doesn’t mean I can’t find enjoyment in things anyway. That also doesn’t mean I can’t call out BS when I see it lol

11 Likes