Campaign quest giver despawned, unable to continue campaign

Before logging last night, I turned in the quest that precedes ‘Clans of the Plains’ where the quest giver Aru pops up to advise you to go talk to Sansok Khan.

Before accepting this, however, I logged off. Thinking the quest giving NPC would spawn adjacent to me the next morning so I could continue. However, Aru is not spawning and I can’t continue the campaign. I’ve poked around and can’t find any other examples of these NPCs despawning and then a resolution to get them back.

Any thoughts or tips or fixes would be great. Thanks!

On this character, Itsjonah?

It looks like you have the quest in your quest log. Do you not see it, or am I misunderstanding the situation?

1 Like

I’m having this issue (or similar?) at the moment as well. I logged between Unwanted Outsider and Clans of the Plains, and while a campaign quest marker is visible on the map, it isn’t on the mini map and Aru is not spawning with the quest to give. He only shows up as a normal NPC, no quest available. Any ideas on how to fix? I’ve tried relogging twice.

Based on the quest line on WoWhead you should be looking for The Emissary’s Arrival, and looking for Gemisath.

2 Likes

The quest log says to continue the campaign with “Clans of the Plains” and that is the only campaign marker that shows up as well. I’ll take a look for Gemisath, but if that’s the case then something’s definitely showing up wrong in the quest log!

Figured it out. Leaving Maruukai and returning fixed the issue for me, Aru showed up with Clans of the Plains. Wowhead may be misinformed.

2 Likes

They may be working on older information from Beta. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m having the same issue of Aru not spawning so that I can continue the next campaign quest. I tried leaving Maruukai and returning and that did not fix this issue.

Howdy, thanks for the reply. Yeah, the quest giver simply wasn’t spawning so I wasn’t able to obtain the quest to continue. The solution was to run around and log in diff places, he eventually spawned. Cheers

I’m Having this same Issue, i’m trying to complete the Open Orientation Quest, and the only one left for me is “Orientation: Maruukai” However, I go to the quest location and sansok khan isn’t there, i tried leaving the area, logging out and back in, but he’s nowhere to be found

1 Like

I’m not aware of any specific issues with that quest or NPC, Faelydris, at least I couldn’t find any reports of any. If I had to guess, there may be some quests in that area you may need to complete. It’s possible some aspects are phased still until those are complete.

I’d recommend taking a look in the area.

3 Likes