Camera Randomly Turning

Randomly when looking around and looking around with right click, my camera will very quickly turn 180 degrees or so. It’s really irritating. I’ve asked in general chat and others are experience the issue also. Are there any tips or troubleshooting I can try? Thanks.

10 Likes

Main Menu > Interface Options > Camera

Camera Following Style “Never”

9 Likes

No, it’s not that. It’s like the sensitivity goes up by 3 times what it should and spins to the right really fast. Idk what causes it. Almost like an instant 180 or 90 degrees

10 Likes

I have the same issue; sometimes when I hold down the left or right mouse button to turn the camera the rotation speed goes off the charts. It’s very disorienting.

The mouse speed itself doesn’t change, if I move the cursor around it’s normal speed, it’s only the camera rotation that goes berserk.

8 Likes

I found an older thread from BFA that said it has to do with the polling rate of your mouse. I have a glorious model O and the pulling rate is 1000hz. A blue post on that thread suggested changing it to 125. I’ll try it later but wanted you to know and maybe check what yours is to see if that’s it.

I’m playing at 1440p, 144hz, mouse is glorious model O 1000hz pull rate 800 dpi.

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9gzg8q/if_your_mouse_sensitivity_goes_high_randomly_to/

Fix is in comments

14 Likes

Thanks, I saw that but I don’t think raw mouse is a command in classic. I look in the notepad and there’s no line for it.

I can report the same issue. It’s not the camera control it’s like a random sensitivity pulse increase.

THANK GOD, other people are having this issue too. This bug is INFURIATING. I am trying to tank instance and I am constantly doing crazy camera rotations and getting confused and lost in the moment. It seems that the camera rotation gets sensitive in specific locations. About half the time the camera rotation is normal. I have been messing around with single vs double display, all the camera settings, and more but I have no luck. I really hope they fix it because I can’t imagine trying to PVP with this camera bug…

+1 following for solution

Yes, absolutely have been having this problem. I think it occurs more frequently in tight spaces than in the wide open. If there are lots of trees around, or inside a cave for instance, it happens very often.

I may have found what causes this. I accidentally discovered it while fishing. I left clicked and dragged to change my view while fishing, then right clicked. This turned me in the direction the camera was facing. (under normal circumstances you would need to hold both the left and right down to turn your direction). It happened three times last night while fishing.

I constantly use my mouse to change views and direction with my mouse and can see why this is happening so regularly during normal play. I definitely would not be able to pvp under these conditions. Hope it gets fixed soon!

A small indie developer like Blizzard just doesn’t have the resources to QA stuff like this before launch.

Seriously though, this bug is awful and without the fix (/console rawMouseEnable 1) I definitely would have stop playing.

1 Like

you have to add it in your config.wtf file its in the wtf folder of wow

btw if the console fix doesnt help,

make sure to go check your windows mouse settings and make sure precision pointer is off.

then… go to your battle.net launcher and click on options (it’s above the scrolling annoucements) and go to game settings… then turn off hardware acceleration.

then… close bnet… go to ur wow folder where ur launcher is … right click and go to properties > compatibility > change settings for all users > check mark on "run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3) > Check “Disable fullscreen optimizations” > Check “Run this program as administrator” > Change high DPI settings > check override high DPI scaling behavior performed by system (enhanced)

next, also check your browsers and whatever programs you might think might have it… including steam, discord, etc. (it’s been said overlays can cause programs with wow)

and if ALL of that doesn’t help, go to donewmouseaccel.blogspot DOT com/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix .html

… that was the thing that helped me with all my mouse/camera etc. problems.

and if you have razer, try this video as well youtube /watch?v=eVqkpFLvnPQ

You are a god this fixed it thank you

which helped you?

I have the same issue only in wow…driving me crazy.

So I was getting this issue. When I held down right click, randomly it would spin my camera up into the sky. Very annoying.

Turned out unchecking Max Foreground/Background FPS under the advanced system settings fixed it.

1 Like

I thought it was just my mouse dying, glad to see I’m not the only one. This started happening to me last week and was really irritating, but I restarted my computer and had no more issues with it. But glad to see there’s also a console command you can use.