Camera following style not working

Since a few days ago my camera following style has not been working. It acts as if it’s permanently on the setting ‘Never adjust camera’. It doesn’t matter which option I select in the camera following style, it never changes the functionality.

This has been very frustrating to play with and I have to keep manually adjusting the camera with my mouse as I play.

To attempt to fix this, I have tried:

• Disabling all addons
  • Deleting the cache folder
  • Deleting the interface folder
  • Deleting the WTF folder

None of these have worked and resetting the game to its bare basics with no addons at all has not fixed this camera following style issue.

Can anyone please recommend if there is anything additional I can try to see if this can be fixed? Or is this currently a known bug that is being worked on by Blizz? I haven’t seen any mass reports so thinking it’s not widespread.

1 Like

Try re-defaulting your camera speed CVars

/console cvar_default CameraFollowPitchSpeed
/console cvar_default CameraFollowYawSpeed
/console cvar_default cameraFoVSmoothSpeed
/console cvar_default cameraGroundSmoothSpeed

There’s a few more but I think these are the relevant ones. You can check the others using the AdvancedInterfaceOptions addon.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions.

I tried those commands and they didn’t fix the issue. unfortunately.

I also installed the AdvancedInterfaceOptions addon you recommended and checked all the camera settings in there but there wasn’t anything out of the ordinary; the vast majority were on the default value and updating the ones that weren’t back to the default value still didn’t help either.

Could try resetting all your cvars and see if that helps (this is non-reversible)

/console cvar_default

I ended up logging out after trying the initial commands you provided above an hour ago, and when I logged back in the camera following style is now working correctly again, so I didn’t need to do the full cvar reset.

Whatever it is, it’s resolved now. Thank you so much for your assistance!

1 Like

Awesome, glad it’s working.

Elvenbane where do i put " /console cvar_default CameraFollowPitchSpeed
/console cvar_default CameraFollowYawSpeed
/console cvar_default cameraFoVSmoothSpeed
/console cvar_default cameraGroundSmoothSpeed " ?

as mine camera is doing the same thing

and do i just delete the whole WTF folder and cache folder?

and interface folder just delete them?

thanks

Put each line into chat separately.

Deleting the Interface and WTF folder is unlikely to do anything unless the problem is addon related. There’s a number of small bugs like this since the patch so I’d give it a week or two.

1 Like