Came for Nostalgia - Staying for the social connections

Title says it all.

I was curious if anyone else feels the same?

Have a great Sunday everyone!

5 Likes

This is pretty much the driving force of most mmorpgs. The only reason I have not unsubscribed is because my guild geared me and I feel bad leaving.

3 Likes

That is commendable.

You make a good point. I guess it is easy to forget what it is all about after you read so many negative posts ripping Classic lol

2 Likes

I am not a big fan of PvP and I’m a bit sick of Onyxia and MC. I was thinking of taking some time off and wait for BWL but I need to keep gearing our raid.

I tried bonding with people on discord but we are just really different. My guildies are into cars, bikes, guns and I’m a gay man living in Boston. We are all nice to each other but it honestly felt forced. A few of them are also younger and I’m turning 30 this year working in finance. I think they are great people but I just cant find anything to really chat about.

2 Likes

I started Classic with a guild that I had high hopes for. I really liked the co-GMs and I was looking forward to raiding. I wound up not feeling so welcome by the other members of the guild though, especially after RL got in the way and I had to drop off the raid team. Since then I’ve made a couple of alts on other servers, looking for a permanent home. Still love the game.

I hope you can eventually find some people you click with. It sucks being the odd one out.

2 Likes

I came to classic after not having much interest in it at all. A friend had rolled on Atiesh and I wanted something to do besides WQ’s all damn day. We started this little guild with a few friends and it got a little bigger. Then it got a lot bigger.
When I log on retail there are maybe 4 people ever on in guild there, which is about what my guild averages at 5 AM when I wake up and check mail. lol.

Definitely! I’ve already made dozens of new friends and our server is friendly. Its been great, and a reminder of the golden age of Mmorpgs!

Yes all the conviences in retail just like in real life kills social i interactions. Its really amazing how quick it changes too.

1 Like

Have you ever thought of trying to make friends in real life? It can be done, and the real world has many more quests and rewards.

I dunno about the OP, but I do both and find them rewarding

You’re still young, don’t beat your self up like that.

1 Like

I’m over 50 years old so yeah. I have all the friends I will ever need. Nice try to deter the purpose of this post.

This is not a rant thread friend. Not complaining…

Bevil might have his reasons as well :stuck_out_tongue:

This is good to hear, my concern was that you were a young lad/lass that was spending too much time in game and not spending enough time taking chances and developing IRL connections.

Carry on then!