Calling it now: The War Within release date November 25/26 global launch

Here’s why:

WoWs 20th anniversary is November 23. November 23rd was vanilla wow launch

If blizzard does a global launch, the three day early access from the epic edition would fall on the 22nd/23rd, Friday and Saturday.

Followed by 25/26 for people who couldn’t afford the epic edition. Monday/Tuesday

It would match perfectly with the anniversary

Seems kind of far out based on that roadmap thing.

6 Likes

They can always change it, they did with Shadowlands

There’s just no way alpha and beta can be done in spring and summer

1 Like

The anniversary is kind of it’s own draw to get people to resub, though. The more market-savy move would be to release the game so that the anniversary starts just as subs would start to lapse.

4 Likes

Pretty sure Shadowlands launched right next to the anniversary event

To maximize sub time they won’t stack 2 relevant events like that.

You do know the 20th anniversary isn’t just the ordinary anniversary, right?

Didn’t they say summer sometime?

Wouldn’t be the first time they released an incomplete game.

End of September at the latest.

1 Like

Doubt it to be honest.

With this year making such a big one for Blizzard, I think they will have something else for the anniversary.

1 Like

I don’t think Blizzard like events to overlap, because it’d interfere with sub number retention over longer periods of time.

I am like 95% sure it’s coming during the Summer, probably late summer but still within the season.

It’s gonna be a very dry year for Blizzard games, The War Within is the only major thing they have, better to strike that iron while it’s hot.

The longer they wait, the more WoW suffers from stagnation.

Even SoD is losing its momentum, people are just kinda bored lol.

I’ve learned not underestimate blizzard. When they set their minds to something they can knuckle down and really put out some buggy content

3 Likes

Why would their 20 year anniversary be the release of an expansion. Its gonna be raid or an old revamped raid for it. There is nothing special about an expansion releasing that entails it to be a big anniversary drop considering we know all about it. Its a 20 year anniversary ots gonna be a secret. The game wont be delayed either, blizzard has Microsoft money now homie and Wow is the only reason microsoft wanted activision blizzard. All other games are seeing maasive layoffs and delays and cancelations.

The release date should also be obvious based on the date the FOMO mount expires off the BMAH NPC.

AKA August 2024.

Yeah, no.

Season of discovery was an experiment amd never meant set precedent. Classic leveling is still well classic leveling and not fun. Polish a turd its still a turd.

Except YOU do know that it is, right? 20 is an arbitrary number no more special than 19 or 21

couldn’t afford? maybe some people aren’t big on throwing extra money for something that doesn’t exist yet.

Wrong. This is how I know you aren’t married.
Decades are more significant than years. Just as centuries are more significant than decades.

For this reason, it is why the 10th anniversary was special with the special event.

2 Likes

lol whatever you say dawg