Calling Blizzard.... Hello Blizzard

So your initial, and only mind you, response to someone disagreeing with you is to insult them? The ad hominem, a logical fallacy?

If you want to concede the argument, that’s fine, there’s a respectful and dignifying way to do that. If you continue to spew personal insults against me, I will have to move on to other discussions and threads then. I’m not interested in insults, I’m interested in productive, conducive, logical, and friendly discussions about WoW.

EVERY other MMO communicates better than WOW… every single one… how is that something to scoff at?! THEY need to at least address stuff or say we hear you but we get nothing.

SO @bloomsday you think there lack of communication is justified? Or better yet good!? B/c i am not the only one who thinks this…

4 Likes

Every other MMO is also less successful and smaller than WoW. It’s just not practical for Blizzard to spend their time replying to every single thread of every single user.

When they do do community Q&As, they’re overwhelmingly criticized, so yeah, it’s really not that hard to see why they are reluctant to communicate directly with the community.

But as I will reiterate, they are listening to the feedback. That’s really what matters, is that they are listening and applying the feedback. That’s an integral part of communication, the most important part I’d argue.

They say “we hear you” every time they make a change that was directly influenced by player feedback. Non-verbal communcation is just as powerful.

I don’t agree that there’s a lack of communication at all. There might be a lack of verbal communication, which isn’t necessarily good, but it isn’t as bad as you make it out to be either, especially considering they communicate in other ways, by listening and doing. Ever hear of the phrase action speaks louder than words? That’s what Blizzard does – they act.

when you say they listen and do and apply feedback… In what recent way have they? We have said that PVP gearing is crap and un ALT friendly… That there needs to be 2 sets of PVP gear the gap is way to big. When you have friends that come back wanting to play yet get into BG and rated only to get crushed in 2 globals b/c they do not have gear… Yet no change… This far into the season the Conquest and honor should be triple the drop rate.

O or how about how people have given legit feedback on how to make wow better and how to get people back to playing… but what do they do… They go and make there way of paying for WOW different… YEP that’s what we wanted… ( I get it business yada yada…) But you have people who love the game yet get dumped on … PVP players for the most part DO NOT want to PVE for crap… we want to get our gear and go into arena… WE DONT want to PVE for conduits ect… but still they do not listen. They care more about the PVE side of WOW than the PVE and that is a fact.

O and look at this stupid dungeon invitational they did… they got so much negative feedback on it… yet they don’t care… They cant keep the PVP Esport going anymore it seems so they are tryin to do it on the PVE side… it isn’t floating to well with people.

1 Like

How do I block classic players, asking for a friend haha

2 Likes

Right here, you can see Blizzard both listening and applying the feedback of forum posters. This was only 5 days ago.

And they are discussing the possibility of adding WoD style gearing back, which was covered in a Q&A on WoWhead.

This is too vague, can you specify here? People asked for years for player agency, stating that it would make WoW better, and Shadowlands brought to us an experience completely controlled by the choices of the player – via legendaries, covenants, etc.

They did listen. PVP vendors were begged for. And what did Shadowlands give us? PVP vendors. You can buy conduits from the conquest vendor too. You can gear entirely through PVP. Not only is it viable, but its optimal.

This is not a fact, it is an opinion.

The MDI is widely sucessful… it has over a million hits on Youtube.

I just don’t understand where your frustration is coming from. Blizzard is listening to feedback, they might not tailor the game to your personal whims, but they are listening to feedback.

Blizzard isn’t perfect, I challenge you to find me a corporation or game developer is. But they’re pretty damn good.

Hiding their profile to make it more difficult for you to block them is unrelated to classic.

Steps to block:
Click your player avatar (top right of page)
Click the preferences icon (top right of menu)
Click Users
Click the Add button under Ignored
Type out the player’s name
Select a timeframe or “Forever”

2 Likes

you have to go into your user preferences and add his name. i wish it hid peoples replies to them as well, to limit the carnage of their 10h daily sh!tposting sprees to just a few grey lines per page

Hah thanks my friend is really appreciative :slight_smile:

I mean look at it from their point of view. It’s like a sheep willingly charging into a lions den right? yah i would pass too. :100: :100: :expressionless: :heart_eyes: :wink: :wink: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :kissing_smiling_eyes: :kissing_smiling_eyes: :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :kissing_heart: :grin: :grin: :grin:

You are all correct I will just add him to ignore. lol

oh my god imagine typing essays in response to the most obvious troll on these forums stop taking the bait

Thank you for calling the World of Warcraft customer service hotline. If you know your party’s extension, please hang up. For all other inquiries, please hang up.

2 Likes

They deserve to be criticized because I have yet to see blizzard respond to a forum post. And to your comment about this being a, “player discussion mainly” forum, I could argue this is the only place to even have a chance to talk to a developer. I have recently put a ticket up for an in game issue and the response I got from them was, “take this to the forums so that you can talk to one of the developers”. So yea, your little claim is completely flawed and I think you defending blizzard on this is ridiculous.

Here’s one that happened recently. Just because you don’t personally see them, doesn’t mean that they don’t happen. And if you look at the harassment that that the CM had to endure, it’s no wonder really why they do not communicate here more often.

CMs aren’t developers. The developers typically don’t respond here. Why do you need to have a conversation with developers anyhow? If you leave feedback, it will eventually, in some form, get back to them. That’s how it works.

Do you have a screenshot of this? Because you certainly aren’t entitled to conversations with the Devs on these forums. You might have misquoted there.

I went through my Archives and found two quotes so far. If you really want screen shots I can send them to you.

1. “you’ll want to reach out to our Dev crew through the Suggestion button or the Forums and let them know.”
  2. "Game Masters are not able to provide game hints, grant quest credit, or assist with in-game bugs. If you believe the issue is due to a bug, please follow the in-game steps noted below to notify our development team directly. In addition, visit our Bug Report forums to report bugs, discuss them with the community, and check the status of known issues: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/support/bug-report for current WoW or https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/wow-classic/support-and-bug-report for WoW Classic
  • Click the ? on your hotkey bar or press Esc on your keyboard
  • Click Support to open the Customer Support window
  • Click Submit feedback or bug report
  • Enter the details of the bug into the Submit a bug Description box, making sure to follow the guidelines outlined on the submission form
  • Click Submit
  • Visit our Forums and look to see if a post has already been made on this topic or create your own to discuss with the community or our Dev crew.

So nowhere did the GM ever say that you “can talk to the developers.” You are relaying the information to them, they are not communicating back, not via the forums or suggestions. The Devs do not have the time to talk to every player, that’s just completely unrealistic.

Its frustrating too cause there was a lot of hype and enjoyment the first month, and a few early balance changes (aimed shot nerfs, rogue nerfs), so it seemed like Blizz actually was paying attention and was going to balance. Then just 3 months of radio silence with some small changes (mage shield, ret healing) that gave us hope something would happen. But nothing meaningful to keep people interested

1 Like

Developer, Dev whatever man… talk to ANYONE!!! And I’m not saying for them to talk to every player but dude when’s the last time you saw them respond to ONE specific person? And that lame *** blue post you linked acting like you just slayed the entire forums argument with 1 response they made in months? Man fook out of here with that weak *** stuff

: and what’s the difference between a “dev” and a developer? Lol for real tho

If you’re going to use profanity and ad homs in place of an actual argument I’m going to stop replying.

The point is, the forums are for player discussions. The Devs simply don’t have the time to reply to everyone on here.