Call Pet spell not working from action bar

Even worse, if you manually put specific pets on your action bars and then use the hotkey, using the hotkey a second time while it is already summoned will crash the game instantly.

Specifically affects Hunter, as I don’t have the issue on my Warlock.

3 Likes

The same for me, after using bartender4 that by the way I didn’t use before is crashing this call pet, only works from the spell book

1 Like

I use Elvui and it’s still not working for me unless I put my pet directly on my bar. That also goes for all of the utilities for my pets. I have to put them directly on the bars. I haven’t tried my Mage or Lock yet to see if putting the things directly on my bar will work or not. Please fix this for us all! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m just posting to help visibility on the issue. Experiencing the same on my BM Hunter main.

1 Like

bump. hoping for a hotfix soon

1 Like

Adding so this gets fixed. Hunter using the Bartender add-on. As of 11/3/2022 still bugged.

1 Like

Posting to help visibility as well. Have had this issue on my mage, rogue, hunter, and warlock, and I don’t really want to play any of them until this is fixed or we at least have confirmation there’s eyes on the issue.

As others have mentioned, mod creators have stated this restriction to the spell flyout api is due to Blizzard’s tampering and not any kind of compatibility or “oops prepatch happened, mods are broken” issue we’ve had in the past. If this is some subtle attempt to persuade people to stop using UI addons and to use the default tools, it’s pretty sad.

2 Likes

Why on earth would you think it’s a plot by Blizzard?

People have a habit of jumping to the worst possible scenario anytime things don’t go exactly their way. It gets tiresome.

Just state your facts and leave the self-persecution of it.

1 Like

Alright, I will admit it was pretty tinfoil hat-y to make that assumption. But odds are people who have to visit a bug reporting forum for their issues aren’t going to be particularly happy, and less so if a fix is uncertain. I apologize to both the multi-billion dollar company, and to you who were hurt on their behalf.

2 Likes

Not hurt at all. Just disappointed that folks seem to need to leap to conspiracy theories at the drop of a hat.
Seems tiresome and lame.

Bumping. Elvui user and experiencing the same thing with Call Pet/ Pet Utility

3 Likes

Another BM hunter main using Bartender having issues. Can only Call Pet from Spellbook. Super annoying.

bumping for visibility, 2 weeks later still no fix, come on blizzard

1 Like

It’s been identified as a bug.
Additional UI changes are currently scheduled for phase 2 pre-patch and DF release.

As this bug is not gamebreaking due to the current workaround through the spell book. I would expect that we won’t see a fix until they do a round of ui changes.

2 Likes

this needs to be fixed already , sigh

2 Likes

Same here, Any action that has the dropdown group of spell or skills does not work. Not an any bar nor from the spell book it self. I can however put each skill / spell on a bar and it they work it just fills up my already full and cramped bars.

2 Likes

LMFAO “hurt on their behalf” too funny…but truth. If the foo sh*ts…oops…i mean shoe fits

This is literally a 2 second fix. Choose the flyout in your game editing tools, go to where it says Protected Function and change it from Yes to No. Done. Stop leaving us all unable to use flyouts please…

4 Likes

yup still not working here. when i turn off bartender it works as it’s the default UI but with bartender i get an error and nothing happens

Still broken despite the addon updates today, id also like to add it breaks evoker breath as well it cannot be cast from bar