Calia Menethil and Lilian Voss cinematic *SPOILERS*

Spoilers are here!

Looks like we can settle the Calia Menethil debate. What do you guys think of the new cinematic and the new title, “Of Lordaeron?”

3 Likes

Did you play through the quest line? Because this cinematic implies something that isn’t true. If you played through the quest line you know. If you just watched the cinematic on Wowhead you don’t know.

It’s actually clever on Blizzard’s part to do it this way.

4 Likes

I am waiting for my game to load. but it appears that the Margrave sees no difference in how one is raised. I am cautiously hopeful for this new chapter for the Forsaken.

“Calia Menethil: Before I take my leave, Margrave, may I speak to you concerning the nature of undeath?
Margrave Sin’dane: You will find no one with greater knowledge on the subject than I, mortal. Proceed.
Calia Menethil: The Forsaken were raised through necromancy, and this shared origin has provided them a sense of unity.
Calia Menethil: I, however, was raised by the Light. That difference has caused me to wonder if I can ever truly find a place among them.
Margrave Sin’dane: Necromancy is the art of animating unliving flesh. Here in Maldraxxus, we use the magic of Death to accomplish our craft.
Margrave Sin’dane: But whether these rituals are empowered by Death or Light or any other magic, necromancy is necromancy. You perceive a difference where there is none, child.
Calia Menethil: Then perhaps I have found my purpose…
Calia Menethil: Thank you, Margrave. Your perspective has been a great help.”

2 Likes

I was equally cautious at this point in the quest line. Don’t worry too much about it. Think of Calia as a more high-definition, explicitly Forsaken-Loyal Alonsus Faol.

4 Likes

I sure am. Because we’ve two war criminals on the Council! And Calia knows that her place is trying to prove herself to them!

Ah it’s no trouble Calia. They can always borrow Whitemane from Archerus she’ll show you some creative use of the Light should the humans get fresh.

4 Likes

Honestly, that’s what I would want for her. A position that doesn’t take away from the others and makes the old guard be left abandoend. I want a reformed Desolate Council with her sitting on it along with Faranell and the other Undead leadership. I just keep getting the world server is down. Smh.

1 Like

I feel like Belmont and Calia are going to function as counter balance to one another on this council. Velonara and Voss will be the neutral mediators. Due to how chaotic and self serving he is, Faranell will likely be something of a wild card in general.

Sounds like a pretty dynamic council.

12 Likes

Speaking of Foal, as I was exploring the Ruins of Lordaeron, he is with the new Forsaken leadership, as is Delaryn Summermoon.

3 Likes

Where did this pop up? At the end of the chain? I must have missed it somehow.

After the final quest, the NPCs spawn on the right side of the Ruins of Lordaeron. Delaryn Summermoon is with Velonara, Derek is revealed to be Calia’s champion, Foal and Stone from BfA are off to the side of Calia and Derek. I don’t recall anything names with Belmont and Faranell is further back working with other Apothecaries.

3 Likes

Resurrection is restoring Spirit to flesh while Necromancy is just making Flesh animate using whatever Magic you have available.

Spirit the Fifth Element is known as the Spirit of Life in many sources and is the reason things are considered Living.

Spirit is inside all Cosmic Forces even Death(as shown by Kyrian and Drust Death Magic Spells which have the word Spirit in their name).

Fel is sustained by Spirit. Death is sustained by Spirit. Everything is sustained by Spirit!

That says a lot about Lightbound since they are implied to be leeching the Spirit from Draenor just as the Sporemounds(the Cosmic Force of Life) were(to the point where Aggramar was worried that the Elemental Spirits would be dead).

2 Likes

That sounds AWFUL.

1 Like

It is awful, but it’s 1/100th as awful as “Queen Calia, Lord and White Savior of Lordaeron , Light Chosen and Healer of All Forsaken”

Any Desolate Council was going to include Alonsus, now instead of Alonsus we have Calia. The end. Better than just about any other plausible alternative, and after years of terrible storytelling dragging the Forsaken through the mud, today is truly a good day.

4 Likes

I don’t like the Desolate Council either, but I seem to be in the minority on the forums there.

2 Likes

Well A) the Desolate Council could have been much…much…MUCH worse than what we got

and B) the Desolate Council is only a placeholder until the Dark Lady returns from the Maw in a few expansions time.

4 Likes

All hail Calia Menethil, the Pallid lady of Lordaeron. Member of the new Desolate Council. I think it’s as good as we can expect and honestly the ideal. No queen, no regent, just a pallid lady. :laughing:

2 Likes

I did the quest line. Never saw the cinematic?

Were do they refer to Calia as the Pallid Lady?

1 Like

It’s under her name. Also, she refers it to herself in the letter to Greymane.

2 Likes

Its her NPC title within the Ruins of Lordaeron. She can be found on the right side of the ruins with the other Desolate Council members.

1 Like