Calendar spam

Why TF am I getting spammed for carries on my calendar on an almost daily basis? Why does Blizzard even allow randos to clog your calendar?

It should only be people on my friends list, guildies or folks in shared communities that can even send an invite to my calendar. There is no legitimate reason some random toon I’ve never interacted with should be able to do that.

As if getting spammed ads for carries in every chat channel and group finder isn’t enough.

2 Likes

You could add your vote to this Bug Report, although at least one person claims it’s not a bug but it sure feels like an oversight that should qualify as a bug.

1 Like

It isn’t a bug. It’s people using the calendar. The calendar isn’t locked to just friends or guildies. So therein lies the issue.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think it’s a bug, it’s just an oversight in game design.

It’s probably just something that wasn’t really an issue in the past, I mean before carries were everywhere why would some random dude I’ve never interacted with invite me to anything? It’d just be a waste of both of our time, they wouldn’t know if I had the capability or desire to come to their event, it just wouldn’t make sense to shotgun out invites to random people. But now due to the ubiquity of selling carries they are looking for any way possible to advertise. This is the most annoying one IMO. At least the ones in chat or in group finder you can just scroll past, the calendar one tho flashes on your screen until you click into it and dismiss.

It’s like the pop-up adds of WoW, and it shouldn’t be allowed IMO.

FWIW I do report them for advertising, as well as those in group finder. Doesn’t seem to do much tho as it’s still everywhere.

I too am receiving this garbage on a near daily basis.

Genuinely, I hope they add the ability to prevent calendar invites from guildies and people who are not on my friends list (which is notably different from being on their friends list).

I also hope they delete the accounts of everyone of these jerks I keep reporting for this.

1 Like