Calendar Default to Player Set Time?

I could explain the pain of time zones… but I’d rather have Tom Scott do it:

Either way it’s pain, it’s serious pain. To make it worse the entire WoW UI is implemented in Lua not C++ or any language with at least decent support for time (which is major pain, there are entire libraries in major languages to deal with this). So this would require significant dev effort on Blizz’s part to make this work. All of which would probably break all existing addons that use time in any way shape or form.

1 Like

Make a character on Muradin. Check for yourself. One hour behind me and I’m on Chicago time, that makes it Mountain time zone. Let me know what you find out.

You are mistaking the transitive properties of “can” to mean the same thing as “does.” It doesn’t do the thing. It can if the programmers do the requisite programming to make it do the thing that Discord does. Maybe they should ask the Discord devs how they do it? I’m not a programmer, but I do appreciate the fact that someone confirms that the calendar will do the thing I’m asking for. Will do it if the programmers spend a little time fixing it.

You assume I’m not in white face with a clown wig and a big red stick-on nose. Which is a big assumption.

I drink a very large celebratory toast, experience vertigo from the unwise alcohol consumption, puke my guts up and still be ecstatic while simultaneously contemplating the nirvana of never having to change my clocks again. Still not as good as using UTC, but at least it’s a step away from the stupidity of DST.

1 Like

Thank you for this. I will add the video to my blog article on the subject. I reference Zach Holman’s talk here: https://zachholman.com/talk/utc-is-enough-for-everyone-right in the ongoing rant about the unnecessary stupidity of modern timekeeping. This is far from just being a Blizzard problem. It’s a world-wide problem of “what time is it?”

Changing local time clock should shift all calendar event times to local time as well.

Also don’t make the appeal that people use the in-game clock for guild raid times. All of that has already been decided through discord. Pugs are pugs and picked up as is through the PGF or posted with remaining time till forming (plus discord changing times for user to reflect local time).