Bwomsamdis bargain

Still, the city isn’t in ruins. There is no canon saying it was destroyed.

What was he supposed to do during the siege? His entire army was in Nazmir and he was alone preparing to defend Dazar’alor. Also, G’huun is dead btw. He didn’t fail.

Realistically the Horde wouldn’t have been able to touch Zandalar because of the giant fleet that used to surround the island. Now that the fleet is lost, can the Horde actually do some damage to the Zandalari. But I don’t see how this is relevant.

Virtually all of the writing in this game makes no sense at this point… when I saw I just kind of chuckled at the silliness of it.

:cookie:

1 Like

Bwansamdis home domain is nazmir and the trap was obvious. He shouldnt have moved all his ground forces as he did.

The horde stop gahuun the trolls did very little. Maybe if the loa where actually powerful the seal could have been saved to start. Beansamdi forming a spirit wall or wall of bones to block the laser blast.

If rastakahn had listened to his daughter he mite have seen zul betrayel before it was to late.

And why the hell is the loa of kings dum enough to be goated into and obvious trap and killed off.

So much for the power of gods.

Also rastakahn is how many centuries old but fails at basic battle tactics? Its like varian one uping tyrande in mists in how to do an ambush.

Makes no sense.

Everytime I heard someone say “my loa is strong” I think yeah they are dropping like flies. Heck we even killed on in the horde story.

This is not the point.

The argument we’re having is about why Rastakhan chose to make a deal with Bwonsamdi. And if you can’t tell, Rastakhan doesn’t have the ability to see into the future since you keep assuming he does.

Still, did Rastakhan fail to stop G’huun? Because G’huun is dead. Also, Rastakhan was never put in the position that made him the one to stop G’huun.

Talanji didn’t know Zul was a traitor. That’s why when she arrives in Zuldazar after the betrayal, Rastakhan she is surprised to find out it was Zul.

Again, how is that Rastakhan’s fault, and how is that relevant?

Some Loa are Wild Gods. They aren’t as powerful as Elune.

It isn’t Rastakhan’s fault that his scouts were wrong.

Bwonsamdi’s buff is also bugged. When you get his buff in mythic plus if you are a paladin and use divine shield at all there goes the Bwonsamdi buff because its actually a debuff that makes you do 20% more damage. Now then other classes don’t have a way to remove this. I lost out on 20% damage in the mythic plus cause I used bubble seems like a bug.

To get out of this bargain, Talanji needs to strike a bargain with … say, who’s the Loa of Lawyers, anyway? Lionel Hutz? Denny Crane? Phoenix Wright?

I recall talanji essentially saying right as we enter the city and walk wth her. That her fathers advisors plot against him. She is is skrptical of them from the get go. If her daddy was smart after being alive for so long he wouldn’t be trusting anyone.

And the trap? Hes the king its on him to make crucial decisions. You dont ever send your entire force and leave your flank exposed. Again hes not a child. He should have the experiences to see traps and betrayel miles away. As well as have contingency plans.

She does not say that. She says that Rastakhan’s advisors plot against THE HORDE.

It’s tradition for Zandalari to have a council.

He knew this, it’s why he had the ships prepared in the Harbor. Note the quote that the Zandalari captain said: “Fish jumped right into our net.” The attack from the south was expected.

Again, how does the attack in Nazmir relate to Rastakhan making a foolish decision to choose Bwonsamdi during Zul’s attack? Because Zul’s attack and the Alliance attack are completely unrelated.

Mercy, the more I read about the narratives on the horde side the more I realize I’m woefully ignorant of the overall narrative of BFA. Just 6 months ago weren’t we’re worried about the initial sword in Silithus…it’s hard for me to follow the leaps that brought us to this story.

1 Like

If you’re right then it won’t last long. Saurfang is on his way out.

Orgimmar was also attacked and it came out looking pretty all right man. Pretty sure it’s fine.

I don’t believe in absolutes when it comes to fantasy fiction’s depiction of good and evil. Do you?

No but I don’t think abandoning an ally in their time of need is exactly “nice.”

He’s got more than a little of the trickster archetype built in to him. He may not be honorable in the traditional sense and Rastakhan may not have made a good decision but he was desperate and there weren’t many options available to him.

1 Like

Maybe it was just my imagination but I’m pretty sure Bwan Never said anything about saving his life. It’s explicitly stated in the leveling zone that he doesn’t like how Rastakan Has managed to avoid his grasp so many times. He’s gone out of his way to try to capture him since the Loa of Kings has been artificially extending his life and therefore denying Bwonsamdi his soul.

I’m not surprised at all Bwon let him die.

This is hardly bad writing. Wow, and mythology in general has long dealt with bloodline loyalties and the sins of the father.

Garrosh and Grom’s Legacy, Nerus Moonfang and the deal he made with demons, it goes on. This is common in story telling. It will be what Blizzard does with it that determines if it was good writing or not. Even the most tired trope can be delivered in a fresh or at least successful way.

You’re not wrong, but it was still a selfish and dishonorable thing to do.

Being bound to one specific Loa doesn’t seem that far fetched. Considering he probably had a similar kind of deal going on with Rezan until Rezan died.

This is literally how monarchy works… Bwonsambdi is the Los of the Dark Trolls aswell… He’s a powerful Loa, all troll souls and those trolls kill go to bwonsambdi. It makes total sense in the situation, it’s just a bad idea. Remember we have a deal with bwonsambdi aswell, we owe him 1 million souls.