Butters, multi boxers, and aoe grinders

Translation: I’m gate keeping how WoW should be played. Play it my way or I will complain about you to the forums from my soap box.

3 Likes

So bots and multi-boxers are ok with you, cuz it’s how they want to play? Nice argument

1 Like

I was going to say something similar. More like “that darn butter!”.

1 Like

Are you getting half of the mobs? I doubt it, since you’re here on the forums crying. So yeah, there’s a drop in efficiency for them.

And there is no ‘intended’ way for you to level. There are many ways you can do it, and the game gives you the freedom to do what you want. You’re just salty because the mage is better than you are.

One last thing, I main a warlock in classic, so I don’t do AoE at all.

Character name checks out.

1 Like

Wait, so they’re supposed to sacrifice XP in order to help you finish your quest and they’re the selfish ones?

Do you have an official source on that?

2 Likes

Someone needs to learn what selfish means. The mobs are there for everyone, not just that one person who thinks their XP is more important than everyone else’s. It’s called consideration for others. And these AoE grinders have none. They ruin the experience of leveling in Classic because their only desire to get to max level as fast as possible… which is NOT what Classic is about… they need to go back to Retail.

7 Likes

So you’re saying the mobs are there for everyone, except for them, because you want the mobs? And even though AOE grinding existed in vanilla, it shouldn’t exist in Classic becausereasons?

Now you’re just fishin around to be a jerk. I didn’t say “except for them”, I clearly said FOR EVERYONE. And yes, even in the beginning, those fools weren’t playing for the experience of the full game. They either wanted to be level 60 because it made them feel superior to everyone else or they heard a certain PvP tier was best so they were rushing to get to that. If you’re bored with leveling in Classic… then go play something else. Want to level faster, group with friends and use twink gear. But move on!! Don’t sit in one spot grinding mobs thereby hindering others trying to do their quests. RESPECT AND CONSIDERATION

3 Likes

Nah, it just very much sounds like you’re gatekeeping and trying to police how other people play the game.

2 Likes

Hahahaha, see this is how “flaming” starts. I say have consideration for others and you claim Im trying to police them. Just shut up. For real.

1 Like

You also said they were fools, assumed various motivations on their parts, and then said they should play a different game.

2 Likes

How do you put multi boxers and aoe farmers in the same catagory as botting?

4 Likes

Because its inconsiderate, and not the way classic is meant to be played. It’s all the same, it’s a lack of consideration.

See you’re just like everyone else in this post arguing. I simply offered a solution through teamwork. One where both parties get something out of a situation by helping each other out.

I’m not saying aoe grinders caant play that way. I’m only asking to group up so we can both get what we want. They get more mobs, I get quest items. Hell I even put it on ffa loot and only take the quest items. I let them have everything else!!! How am I being selfish???

U guys are arguing just to argue. Consideration isnt something I should have to come to the forums asking for. Just be decent to your fellow players.

2 Likes

This has nothing to do with my skill level. I could very easily make my mage an aoe grinding mage, but I choose to not do that. I choose to level and experience wow classic the way it was meant to be experienced.

I do not plan on tagging every mob I can see for my own xp per hour gain. I have respect and consideration for people around me.

1 Like

I’m guessing you’re playing on the Whitemane server?

While there are instances of Multiboxing where I can understand the frustration, such as 1 person playing 5 Mages and broadcasting single-target spells with a single button, I think on average it’s not the problem many people make it out to be. I recently starting Multiboxing a Mage + Priest on a PvE server and even with Macros and ISBoxer it is clear to me that it’s no where near as effective as two separate people each playing their own character.

If you’re dealing with a Multiboxer, go get some other players. In equal numbers, only the most skilled Multiboxing players could possibly stand a chance against a well-coordinate group of players where each person is playing their own character. There’s no way a single person can effectively handle the nuance involved with playing five characters simultaneously at the same level as five individual human beings each playing their own while communicating with one another.

1 Like

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::smile::smile::smiley::grinning::joy::joy::joy:

The solution to your problem.

Quit trying to soak up my XP.

The mage gets nothing. Actually less.

You do not help a Mage in AoE farming when it comes to XP/hr. That only slows them down unless you are AoEing the same size groups.

If not, you’re leeching XP.

2 Likes