Burning Rush + Mind Control

Does any other class have a talent that kills them when they are mind-controlled?

It’s getting real old sitting out half of Heartsbane Triad (dead) because of burning rush.

1 Like

Dont spec it? Thats one fight were dark pact wouldn’t be the worst idea at higher levels.

2 Likes

Excuse me for being ignorant but are affliction locks still so tanky that they can afford to skip demon skin in M+? I mean I know in legion afflock didn’t need healing at all but nowdays your healer will be super happy if you just take one of the other two talents, won’t he/she?

Last resort if you really really gotta have burning rush: just don’t use it at all on that fight. I mean I don’t even know why you’d want to activate it in that small room where you don’t need to go anywhere in a rush anyway.

1 Like

I’m mind controlled…the witch activates it and I cannot turn it off while being controlled.

You’re right, I didn’t think of that.

and without fail it is the first thing that is activated once mind controlled every time!

Well, that or Darkglare, but at least I can use DG early to prevent the MC from wasting it.

I can’t do that with BR because it’s a toggle with no CD.

2 Likes

Taking anything other than Demon Skin is a ridiculous idea, IMO. That is a wasted line in the talent tree and should be baseline.

I have a human warlock (lvl 120) I’m using this expansion and between an azerite trait and demon skin, I can soak 60k and not feel it. Makes questing to unlock the flying reqs a complete cake walk.

1 Like

Inevitable Demise keeps me healed thru some really bad stuff.

Warlocks have terrible mobility without setup time so the loss of BR is huge. There’s a reason it’s the default talent in any guide of note.

1 Like

Doesn’t the mind control break when you fall below 50%?

And the boss takes reduced damage while you’re MC’d, so your team should be dpsing you anyway, breaking you out long before you die

1 Like

You know not to run it in waycrest, stop running it in waycrest. There isn’t anything I can think of in M+ where having BR helps over having mitigation.

Just Soulstone yourself

Running back from wipes is hell without BR.

Less wipes if you dont die because burning rush was on. That fight specifically there is a lot of damage going out, it isn’t helping. The dungeon in general has some unavoidable damage and having less of it be on you will always be better.

BR is only on because the MC mob turned it on. I, the player, never turned it on.

Telling people “well don’t take that talent” isn’t a valid response. It needs to be fixed. Mobs should not be able to suicide a player.

That is what MC does, you’re choosing to put yourself in that situation because you know there’s a chance that boss can MC you. As a warrior I have to use intimidating shout prior to that or risk fearing the entire group. It’s personal responsibility .

I get it. I too have to use my personal cooldowns before the opportunity for MC or I lose them.

The problem here is that BR has no CD. There is literally nothing I can to to mitigate this in MC situation other than not spec into that talent at all.

Does this seem reasonable? “Don’t take this (extremely useful otherwise) talent or you will die”. I don’t think so. It’s poor design.

Its poor use, its a risk reward reward inherent to the skill as its also the only skill currently in the game that hurts you for using it.

There are two other talents on that tree that are both damage mitigation and you’re taking something that kills you so you can get back from wiping on a low key faster. You don’t have to listen to me but it isn’t poor design.

How are you even dying to Burning Rush in this fight?

The mind control breaks when you fall below 50% health. Meaning burning rush is killing you because you’re leaving it on after you’re free from the mind control.

Unless there’s a bug, this should not even be an issue. Even if you activated burning rush while MC’d, and your allies didn’t break you out, the damage from burning rush would end the mind control at 50%, still not killing you.

Plus the boss takes 99% reduced damage while channeling the mind control, so there’s really nothing for your allies to do except dps you and break it.

Boss Mechanics

2 Likes