Burning of Teldrassil / Returning Player

Hello all,

I am returning to Warcraft after a long hiatus (i.e. Wrath of the Lich King was my last expansion). I would like to experience the storyline of the Burning of Teldrassil for role playing purposes with my character, but I can’t seem to find any of the quest lines that lead to this event. Was this a one-time option in the past, or can I trigger this event and have it impact my world? Do I need to use Chromie time? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated - the game is SO MUCH more complicated than when I left it!

Sincerely,
Verbaena

3 Likes

It can’t be played.

1 Like

The Burning of Teldrassil was the pre patch for Battle for Azeroth, thus it is not playable. However the event itself is covered in short stories on the site (A Good War and Eulogy) and the quest chain itself can be read on wowpedia or viewed on youtube if you wanted to experience it, in some manner.

5 Likes

I honestly wish these events become actual holidays. Like, it was such an important(even if controversial) lore point that anyone should experience. As well as say the Legion invasions/Scourge invasion etc.

8 Likes

Thank you all for your responses! I guess my confusion is that I assume the people who experienced the burning of Teldrassil now have their map/world permanently altered. Teldrassil and Darnassus look for me essentially the same way they did when I played Vanilla, with everything intact. If I complete the Battle for Azeroth campaign, will Teldrassil transform into a burned state? Apologies if these questions are really obvious, but I haven’t found the information anywhere else and it makes a difference to my character’s back story.

4 Likes

I think you need to do the Battle for Lordaeron or have a character start in Exile’s Reach, to trigger the change from active Teldrassil to the burnt husk.

4 Likes

just complete elden ring frenzied flame ending, same thing

1 Like

You cant do war of thorns unfortunately but you can do the alliance retaliation scenario, Siege of Lordaeron. If you’re level 60 or higher and alliance there’s a worgen at the base of the mage tower that will let you solo queue for it. As Horde there’;s a forsaken near the bridge in the valley of wisdom who does the same thing.

1 Like

This is World Of Warcraft silly, we remove important story events from the game for the sake of fomo.

4 Likes

thankfully story is mostly terrible since legion and none of the characters are consistent to what they were, so you can just miss everything without missing anything

2 Likes

You think you want to experience BfA. But you don’t.

1 Like

i liked leveling zones for horde. I love deserts, i love trolls and dinos. Well, maybe blood trolls swamp was terrible (but had cool moments, like forsaken squad, bwonsamdi, giant dead turtle)

Yea, lets burn Teldrassil and defeat the Alliance again and again every month…
And also destroy Theramore.

Every expansion there are pre-patch events. In 2 of those the Horde have defeat the Alliance. It will be unfear to make Horde wins as holidays.
Of course if in next 2 expansion pre-patches Alliance will defeat the Horde for balance, then ok.

I hate to disappoint you but much like with the Trolls and Gnomes retaking their homes the Burning of Teldrassil was a limited time only event and which was it bs since when you limited storylines for a limited event you cheapen the story. Which is why the Burning of Teldrassil along with the Battle for Lordaeron isn’t in the beginning Quest Intros for BFA.

1 Like

Exactly like Scourge Invasions, Qiraj Invasions instead of the boring Gang Event in retail, Gnome and Troll Event, Wrath Gate, and etc. So tried of limited time only expansion content stories…

To be fair I can go and see Garrosh get wiped on the floor every week if I want and Sylvanas’ punishment is something I can freely do on any of my toons at least once.

Its different. Garrosh and Sylvanas are villains. If you will go to fight them, Horde players will go together with you to defeat those villains.
While in MOP or BFA pre-patch there is a War between Alliance and the Horde. Horde players tries to destroy Alliance cities, while Alliance players tries to defend them. No matter how hard Alliance players will try, the Horde will win in those evens. Alliance will be defeated and cities destroyed.
There are no such events when Alliance defeat the Horde.

And if you do Siege of Zandalar as a Horde you do have to see as the Alliance kills Rastakhan and sinks their vaunted fleet. And even the idea that they help us defeat Garrosh/Sylvanas will always have a bitter feeling to it for the Horde, afterall they are killing their own to do so.

And Rastakhan will die. And Lordaeron will be bombed by its own ruler and Garrosh spirit will forever be destroyed.

Yes, but to do that Alliance lose entire suicide army. The Horde players after killing Alliance army returns to the city, and forces Alliance to retreat. Also Horde players defeat 2 Alliance main heroes Jaina and gnomes king.
Yea, Alliance kills some trolls king, who was added into the WoW about 6 months before that. But overall Alliance lost this one 2. Even more, those Alliance actions forced trolls to join the Horde, and Horde became stronger.

Yea, but its again a different thing. We also had to kill Alliance leaders who suddenly decided to join villains team. Like classic Night Elves leader Fandral Staghelm, or classic leader of the humans faith Archbishop Benedictus.

Yea, because it was a trap, made by Sylvanas, where Alliance army was destroyed. Another Horde victory.

And it was ultimately pointless to have killed them because the Alliance came out ahead of said battle. Look, if you want a battle that was perfectly won by the Alliance, you can always just do A little Patience.

Eh, Rastakhan was always this almost legendary figure that we have know about since Vanilla. And while ultimately, it did get the trolls to join the Horde, they are effectively useless to the Horde/do not have the fleet to make them relevant.

Eh Fandral’s villainy was telegraph a mile away. I will give you Benedictus but for the most part the Alliance has had fewer villain batted characters then the Horde.

More like an attempted trap that failed because most of the Alliance was out of the city at that point and Jaina ported Anduin and co.