Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes – Updated August 16

Still not fixed on Heartseeker or Benediction. No reset, yet?

Doesn’t seem to be reset yet on Ashkandi.

Has been reset now. :+1:

Servers haven’t reset… They will start at 7am Pacific (per launcher.)

It reset this years as well, so if you have been doing the zone quest. You can do it twice this year if you already did it.

You accidentally reset the quest ‘The Public Servant’ Quest ID=433. This one quest in particular seems to get reset a lot.

JULY 25, 2022

Burning Crusade Classic

• Creatures in most dungeons have been adjusted so that it is now significantly more difficult to snare and kite them to a large degree.
  • In dungeons, group XP earned has been greatly reduced whenever there is large disparity between player levels in the same group.
9 Likes

This is awesome. Thanks!

Overall, I like the changes, but the range of player levels before experience is reduced seems really small. I was doing SM Library on an alt with the group being 32 35 36 and 42 (4 manning as our tank DCd) and started getting 20 experience per kill.

Normal Library run, no 70 booster, just 4 people trying to make their way through the dungeon after losing a player. Once we realized it was just loot/quests and not experience, people left and the group fell apart.

7 Likes

I truly don’t understand why it’s so hard to Region block Indonesia and other Asian countries that flood our servers with RMT and botting. You could also block VPNs pretty easily as well. This is a typical Blizzard fix that punishes the entire playerbase and a guy can’t even go do a 200g an hour farm now. Do you realize that doing simple 5 man groups or even PUG raids is a nightmare because you end up with LOADS of players that speak less than 10 words of english. These players are still going to be on the servers and they are going to be ruining the experience. This is not classic wow that I remember, this is Indonesian Wow and it’s disgusting.

Will the shattered halls bug be fix with (7/26) update? After you kill the first boss the mob that starts the gauntlet is bugged and is not targetable. You either have wipe and have recovery, or have the mob just follow you through the dungeon not being able to drink. I have attempted the dungeon 4-5 times since boosting nerfs and has consistently happened every single time.

How about a follow up to these terrible changes?

1 Like

You mean, with, more, changes?

Is there an estimated timeframe for a fix to ZA … The gauntlet to the first boss is beyond broken.

good change thanks blizz

bruh it was already hard enough for me that wowhead is inaccessible from my country and now you also want to prevent me from playing WOW, jfc

Make a 2nd account. Make it the opposing faction

Camp em

If x amount of people do this.

Its gg

They cant PVP at all. Really bad.

Well that’s just awful, literally killing the boosting mages and whatnot.
Now I get a lot of people have gripes about people using dungeon boosting to level, but at the same time, that doesn’t hurt anyone at all, so you just took a fun aspect of the game out, because what, people were crying about it? This hurts NO ONE. But not only that, the “large disparity” doesn’t seem to be large at all, when looking at a post from yesterday, a SIX LEVEL DIFFERENCE caused the exp gain to plummet? If you’re gonna do crap like this, at LEAST make it viable, plenty of people’re still going in to SM in the low 40’s, that’s not worth destroying the exp gain for. If you’re gonna base it on level, I’d say make it at least a 15 to 20 level difference, SIX isn’t a big enough level difference to make any sort of difference, they’re at most slightly stronger.

Either way, guess my second mage on my second account’s just worthless now, was leveling it up to have a max level mage on both accounts specifically for boosting my own toons, because I found that enjoyable, and I’m in an instance, I’m not taking other people’s mobs, no bothering crap, but that’s just not gonna work anymore? Okay, good job.

Also, why can’t these changes be added into the patch notes on the launcher? Why do they have to be only in the forums? I barely use the forums, there’s usually nothing but people bickering and it’s been that way for as long as I can remember.

6 Likes

Yeah I don’t understand why this isn’t on the launcher either. I mean this is a big change that should be communicated to the players!

Have you tried to level a character from 1-70 without boosts recently? Near impossible to find a dungeon group until about level 60. This is how it hurts everyone. Because no one does dungeons if you can just sit in stocks/SM while some level 70 does all the work.

1 Like

It hurts everyone, you should think about where this gold is going that “mages” (gold farmers) are earning doing these menial tasks? That’s right, buying the gold.