Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes – Updated August 16

I do the same thing, boost my own toons. I liked doing it. It’s ENTERTAINMENT that hurt absolutely NO-ONE else at all. I don’t buy gold, I don’t sell gold, and I don’t charge anyone for what I do because I don’t do it for anyone else.

So good job blizz. That was intensely stupid. If this is what we can expect in the future from your new microsoft masters, I’ll shortly be done with wow for good, and it’s probably time I was done with it since I’ve been playing from original open beta.

I went classic because retail (Shadowlands) sucks to the maximum. Now destroy half my fun in classic, why should I be here again? I was going to drop Wow after wrath was largely done, but I’m thinking with these kind of idiotic changes they’ll probably mess up wrath too.

1 Like

Good go away.

Your the reason I began to hate playing classic. (And why the game was dying.)
The game is finally about leveling and playing with others. Not sitting AFK in a dungeon for hours on end.

So you, as a hordie, are bothered by me, an alliance, boosting my own toons in a dungeon you will never see me in.

Gotcha. You’re insane.

2 Likes

I’m in the camp of this was total BS. It wasn’t nerfed as such in classic so stop changing things. I’ve had 2 accounts so i could level my own alts for over a decade. Anyone who cries they cant find a group then find another server. My server had plenty of people selling boost runs and far far more running normal groups at all levels. I’ve already leveled every char to 70 in OG tbc I dont need to do it all again on a nostalgia server when i just want to raid end game. I dont understand why you cant roll a lv 58 of every class after you max 1 character. Grinding quests to level 1-58 is a chore and doing it is even harder when you cant get boosts. Personally im going to quit if this stays as is. If i wanted a 2nd job i would play retail. Classic is all about reliving raids and instances. not grinding quests solo, or trying to find 4 other people who happen to be leveling an alt 2 months before wrath launches.

1 Like

I play both. :slight_smile:

But yes I played back in vanilla when boosting was only something gold farmers did and back in the day gasp blizzard banned you for boosting.

Basically by sitting in a dungeon leveling yourself you are taking away from the total number of people playing together in the open world and running dungeons together.
(Now if you were always a solo player to begin with this doesn’t matter, but I would say most people don’t play this game solo…)

Here is today’s hotfix for Burning Crusade Classic:

JULY 28, 2022

Burning Crusade Classic

• Fixed an issue where the Shattered Hand Scout could prevent completion of Shattered Halls.
1 Like

Thank you for the update

Holy crap I just hopped on my 51 mage to do some aoe mindless fun in zf, it is cathartic for me, i did it on my pally too, love the challenge of that, and these mobs all teleporting everywhere i go. GET RID of this change, revert revert REVERT… I don’t care how much other people ran dungeons or boosted or made the gold less valuable, aoe farming either gold, or xp, or just for the challenge of it gave me long term goals that I appreciated accomplishing and polishing to fine art. It is an ASPECT of the game, not a bane. I play a rogue, i solo kill things fast, I play a warrior, i midly kill multiple things fast, I play a mage I wanna kill a lot of things. It is part of the game. Put it back. I litterally spent hard earned gold (on faerlina alliance no less) to get my blacksmithing to a point to buy demon forged breastplate and the stam darkmoon fair trinket because i wanted to see if i could do it and how well i could. Not everything is about raiding, which i do, nor pvp, which i do, but I also enjoy group play, solo play, and questing. I didnt do aoe as a means to avoid leveling via questing, keep in mind i never boosted nor bought a boost in my life, but as a challenge for large investment, high reward, especially on paladin. Not something I want to do for long term gold making, most just for fun. This is not a change i endorse, and emphatically say revert. REVERT!

Also, now that I have your attention, You keep thinking about fixing server populations for low pops, but what about pops that are low on a high pop sever. We made the mistake of moving to faerlina 10 days before the mass exodus last november, then because of the 3 month wait, we got stuck there. Now we have too many toons to swap servers. You should impliment a “if your side of the server is below X ammount percent of the total populatin, you get an automatic free transfer.” I mean my god, we are less than 5% of the server population; and thats rounding up by a lot. Give us a way off this rock without costing us 200 bucks to move our toons, shoot, i would even buy a 50 dollar you have 24 hours to move every toon on every server option to shuffle them all around.

But if only one thing is taken into account from this post, REVERT THOSE CHANGES. They are gross. Allow aoe to be allowed again, shoot make it harder, just not impossible. Challenges are a great part of early wow, and you just shot one of the best goal oriented desires in the foot. I would spend tons of time gearing my paladin just to be able to pull a whole low level dungeon. That is fun, sure NERF the xp into the ground, i dont care about that, just let me aoe.

Here is another idea, instead of nerfing aoe, nerf the xp like you did, but reduce the number of instances one can do in an hour to 2 instead of 5. That would severly limit the hard core gold farming capacity of gold farmers (real money traders) without limiting the casual aoe’ers that do it for fun. Or something along the line of 2 an hour and 10 dungeons per day. so the xp boosting would exist as a means to do it casually but practically be dead as a business. or perhaps some debuff that has you unable to run into a dungeon for 2 hours after you do one with a huge disparity, something like 25 levels or greater.

Some formatting and maybe a summary at the start might help…

Great.

Now get rid of the grouping nerf where I can’t get the XP I should be getting even if I group with someone the EXACT same level as I am to quest. Why is it cut in half? That’s not a very good incentive to group with anyone. I guess that goes along with the XP theft if you go into a dungeon and one person is 2 or 3 levels higher than you and you get 15 xp per kill as a result.

Do you NOT want people to play the game?

what did yall do on the 27th for like 7 hours?

1 Like

Clone purge

WTF are you talking about?
Easy math here.

Mob gives 1000 exp.

1 person gets 1000 exp.
2 people get 500 exp each

Its always worked the way.
The only nerf is if there is a huge 10+ level difference

A lot of people love soloing old content… I used to love soloing Magester’s Terrace back in WotLK, i found it was still a challenge solo due to the interesting variety of classes in the groups of mobs, giving you many different things to deal with, and I actually used it to practice my class… PLEASE STOP CHANGING THINGS!!! You are wrecking it for people… the whole idea behind classic is WE LIKED IT HOW IT WAS @_@

2 Likes

At first glance I would agree with you until I looked back at the levels you stated. A 10 level difference in a group is not a small amount.

AUGUST 16, 2022

Burning Crusade Classic

• Fixed an issue that prevented the PvP leaderboards from updating as expected.

Kind of funny since u dont have laeaderboard, we rely on 3rd parties

1 Like