Build Questions?

Let it be known I’m not that good when it comes to building PC’s so I kinda just tossed this setup together. I’m trying to stick around the $1000 budget. Originally I wanted to spend over 2k on one but I realized I don’t play that many games and don’t need the best of the best. A couple of questions that I’m curious is…

Can I keep my same PC case? It’s a mid tower.
Can I keep my same GPU? It’s a RX-470. (I plan on upgrading in the future.)
Which motherboard should I use? I have no clue of which to go with that won’t break the bank.

I’m not sure which would be better for me between the Ryzen 7 3700x or the Ryzen 5 3600? When I’m not busy with work the only games I mostly play are: WoW, Dead By Daylight, LoL and I really would like to run the upcoming Avengers game. If possible would like to get into something than 1080 60hz.

Thanks!

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Memory: [Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory]
Storage: [Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive]
Storage: [Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive]
PSU: [Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply]
Total: $702.48

I tried posting a link but it doesn’t wanna work.

1. If it’s an ATX, yeah you can reuse it. It might not have all the right USB plugs up front, though, if its very old.

2. You can, but you will eventually want to upgrade to take advantage of your improved CPU power.

3. MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX or ASUS TUF X570 Gaming (wifi or not, up to you) are the best value boards. The X570 is more “future proof” as in that it supports PCIE4 and potentially easier CPU upgrades. Power delivery are great on both.

4. 3600 and 3700x game about the same…today. In the future, who knows? The 3700x also allows for better multi-tasking and production performance.

5. Above 1080p/60hz your GPU is your main limiting factor. Upgrade that soonish if you want higher refresh or resolution.

6. Build looks good. I’d consider reviewing individual power supply models for protections and overall quality. A site like LTT has a good PSU tier list.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

Things to consider:

1. New GPU and CPU releases are coming soon. This could mean you might be buying late into the game and could have got something much better for not much more or farther out.

2. PSUs are generally overpriced right now. I still wouldn’t skimp on it, despite this. Get a good one.

I think pretty much any Ryzen CPU paired with a 1660 super is enough to send your fps flying above 60fps at 1080p for the most part in WoW.

As said with the new CPUs/GPUs coming out soon, that may mean today’s mid-high range CPUs/GPUs may drop in prices in the coming months.