[Bug][TBC] Stuck in Druid forms

I may as well unsubscribe since you don’t want to fix this, and I only have one character. I need a break anyway.

You’ve had a week.

1 Like

After the update that was pushed last night I tried following these steps to reproduce this error and I was unable to. I have a raid tonight and will report back if I have any issues in real life scenarios.

Shift to cat form
Wait for 1 tick of energy
Shift to cat
Try to shift to cat immediately

Blizzard??

Seems they fixed it without telling anyone? I cant recreate it anymore.

Is this fixed, yet?

Ive had this bug happening to me since the update for p4. Been stuck in cat ~10 times or so. Fix druids please!

1 Like

Following up, didn’t have any issues this raid - it looks like that stealth update on Monday fixed the issue. Still no word from Blizzard though - ah well.

I was stuck in cat form in BT on Tuesday so this is still not fixed

Ridiculous that this hasn’t even been acknowledged yet tbh

1 Like

@Bill_Gates yooo, wtf?

bump pioj5y

Daily bluepost check

This was resolved with a client update (build 42940) as of Tuesday March 29th. Have you still been experiencing this behavior since then? If so could you provide a date and time for when this occurred?

2 Likes

I was stuck in cat form on Tuesday night the 29th on illidari council and questioned BlizzardCS about druids on twitter on the 30th and got this response “The game team is actively working on it. We have no further information to share at this time ^KAL” so idk about that. I am happy to say I haven’t had any problems today in battlegrounds though!

This fix was pushed out via a client update (I believe it went live at around 5pm PDT on Tuesday the 29th) which would have required you to shut down your game and get the update at the time it was released. If you hadn’t exited the game at any point on Tuesday to grab the new game version, you might have still been able to experience the bug during your raid.

The CS twitter may have simply been mistaken or didn’t know about the fix, and I’ll look into that, but at this time we do believe this has been resolved. I’ve closed several other threads about this but feel free to reply here again if you have observed this happening in Burning Crusade Classic version 42940 or later and we’ll look into it.

Thanks for the reports thus far!

1 Like

I believe the hotfix for this caused another bug. For the last week the UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM event is spammed to the client dozens of times when entering busy areas. For example, I logged 50+ UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM events when exiting the Stormwind bank on Benediction.

According to wowpedia this event should only fire when the player’s shapeshift form changes, but it currently seems to be firing whenever you render another shapeshifted player, or observe someone else shapeshift.

The default UI relies on this event to update actionbars when the player shapeshifts, so it stutters quite a bit. (https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/blob/live/Interface/FrameXML/ActionBarController.lua)

Here is some video footage of the event being spammed and the unmodded game stuttering as a result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqkUGYnr7w

Addons like bartender also rely on this event to update bars, so this bug is resulting in some severe performance issues for those addons.

4 Likes

Has there been any update on this? Still bugging out

I 2nd this and there are users on bartenders forums reporting the same exact issue… I disable BARTENDER and problem goes away but only occurred after the hotfix. The general consensus among the forum goers is that blizzard broke something.

I believe the hotfix for this caused another bug. For the last week the UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM event is spammed to the client dozens of times when entering busy areas. For example, I logged 50+ UPDATE_SHAPESHIFT_FORM events when exiting the Stormwind bank on Benediction.

According to wowpedia this event should only fire when the player’s shapeshift form changes, but it currently seems to be firing whenever you render another shapeshifted player, or observe someone else shapeshift.

The default UI relies on this event to update actionbars when the player shapeshifts, so it stutters quite a bit. (https://github.com/Gethe/wow-ui-source/blob/live/Interface/FrameXML/ActionBarController.lua )

Here is some video footage of the event being spammed and the unmodded game stuttering as a result: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enqkUGYnr7w

Addons like bartender also rely on this event to update bars, so this bug is resulting in some severe performance issues for those addons.

3 Likes

After hours of trying to figure out why I’m getting obnoxious stutter in Shattrath and other cities for the last few weeks, I found myself here. Please fix this, so I can retain my sanity.

Just realized I had two threads open about this issue and posted in the wrong one. Oh well, the info on the stutter is in posts above mine. Sorry about the Necro but this stuttering is going to drive me insane.

I’m experiencing the issue today without using any addons or macros. Straight out of the spell book will stick in cat form or bear form and wont let me switch out.