Bugged quest turn in for "A Gateway to Somewhere"

I am trying to turn in the quest “A Gateway to Somewhere”. Following the quest a long to the end point at the top of a tower near the cobalt assembly right as the last part checks off the npc despawns with no way for me to turn in the quest. I have dropped the quest at least 5 times now. I have reload, relogged, and tried to turn it in in war mode. None worked. The only idea I have for why this dose not seem to work is I have already finished the Ancient Waygate activation quest at the same spot on another character. I think this is making me be on another layer or faze. I really don’t care all that much for finishing this quest as I have done it before on another character, it just he large quest marker on my map saying to pick up this quest every time I go to the Azure Span is off putting so I would like to finish it.

5 Likes

Having the same issue. Very annoying. Opened a ticket and got sent here.

2 Likes

I’m having the exact same issue. No solution yet?

1 Like

Same issue. Any resolution?

1 Like

just adding a +1

1 Like

Same issue, she just disappears.

+1 here. Not sure what happened but the NPC just disappeared.

1 Like

+1 here too… Tried to submit to support, but as usual, no response.

8hr Maintenace window coming up on 5.2.23 – Blizzard please fix this…
Just infuriates me anyway as to how the rest of us I.T. folks have to do maintenance after hours (mid-shifts) and you guys do it in the middle of the day. Better yet, where do we see the fruits of your labor, other than to experience more problems just like the one described here?

1 Like

Is this still bugged? I attempted to complete it today but it seems doesn’t work yet.

1 Like

It still seems bugged…I just now tried dropping the quest and restarting it, but it’s still bugged. I wish I could say this was uncommon, but even in the company I work for, Devs are pushed more to come up with something new and shiny rather than fix known issues lingering around for months on end. Right after Warpcaster Delandra says, “That could have gone a lot worse, all things considered”, she turns and takes a step or two, then just disappears like she’s gone into a different phase.

Same problem here. I had a similar problem with a quest at the Obsidian Citadel, and choosing Wrathion or Sabellian, finally, returned the quest turn in NPC to the expected location. No such quests in this area, to my knowledge, that should prevent the NPC from appearing. How long does a bug report on a thread like this have to exist (and how many complaints) before Blizz actually acts on it? Husband and I went 8 years without playing, started up again about a month or two ago, and this is definitely a step down from the way WoW used to run.

As of November 19th, still bugged ;;

Same issue here

Still same issue.
Bug reported it.
Hit tech support page and issued a ticket.
Have dropped and repeated ad nauseum. Have left the zone. Have hit all the websites per their “expert advice”. Disable all addons, reloaded UI, exited game, reentered, Have no other characters in DF at this time. No joy on any of Blizzard’s recommendations. And there’s at least a dozen other folks experiencing the same today as I am.

Dec 5th… Same issue STILL exists…

This is still broken.

The Warpcaster walks to her spot, turns in place, and phases out for a non-existent NPC to take her place. Map shows that she is there, but you cannot see or interact with the Warpcaster after she fades away for the quest turn-in version to appear, which does not happen.

27 December 2023. Still broken. Still same bs line from tech support

New year, still the same bug. Marker is there, but the NPC is nowhere to be found. I even flew around a bit to see if they might be on a different level, and nada.

1 Like

And today I get a new support email staying that I’ve found a new bug. (/snorts) they need to check here, and do a goodle search and they’d see this is an old bug. Resubmitted bug report and referred them to this thread.

1 Like