Bug with personal resource display?

Sometimes my combo points dont fill up on my personal resource display but they are on my normal health frame. Sometimes they will be full but dont show as spent either. Any fix for this?

5 Likes

It’s been like this since pre-patch PTR, so I doubt a fix is coming anytime soon.

2 Likes

Yes! Mine is totally effed. Sometimes it will show 5 combo points when I have none!

3 Likes

Switch it off and use weakauras.

Shouldn’t be like that, but it’s like that :frowning:

Very unfortunate that we have to go back to add-ons in order to patch well known issues - especially with the nice refactor of the UI.

Any comments from the team in the past for this issue or we never had feedback?

2 Likes

There has been multiple threads here, on the bug forum, talk on reddit/mmoc etc with zero (0) blue posts or dev acknowledgement whatsoever. I’m reaching the point of seriously installing an addon just to handle it cause of how annoying it is for the core mechanic of my class to not display properly.

3 Likes

I posted an addon/wa in this thread Combo points on personal nameplate being weird - #4 by Qtilate-malganis

It’s been bugged since start of beta so I’d be surprised if they’re not aware of it by now.

1 Like

The combo point decay doesn’t work on the name plate correctly. Main culprit in my mind.

Ruthlessness also seems to bug out and give multiple combo points sometimes.

Doing dragon races, I couldn’t figure out how people were completing so quickly in comparison. I later found out dynamic camera is your only speedometer, but as I’m messing with settings, I turned on the personal resource display for the first time in years. After, I turned off the personal resource display the combo points bar still flickers, showing me points 1,2,3,5 active 4,6,7 inactive, before resetting to zero and tracking points correctly. With the option disabled.

I think to correct I need to mess around with some of the greyed out option while the display is active and then deactivate the whole thing again, but I haven’t taken the opportunity to try and fix it yet. Long winded story to say PRD is broken in more ways than one, has been for a while, and I don’t expect anything to really be done about it.

When was pre patch PTR, like early October? So we’ve had this issue since PTR… where it was known about and reported, pre patch phase 1 where it was known about and reported, pre patch phase 2 where it was known about and reported, Dragonflight launch where it was known about and reported and here we are going into the second week of DF and still no fix.

I don’t get it Blizzard, you’re really quick to hop all over that Cobalt Assembly hotfix but not the one thing I’ll be using every single second of every aspect and encounter of the game?

1 Like

Is it listed as a known issue? I haven’t really looked, but if we can get some word back that they have heard and know about this, I’d feel better.

If there is a blue watching, can we just get a mention that this is on a list or being worked on?

Thank you. This is a great game and things like this that are not working are in conflict with the overall fantastic quality. That’s why it feels so bad.

It’s not listed in their list of known issues. But, surely they know. People have posted about it on the bug forum, right? :open_mouth:

1 Like

it’s been a thing since beta they really just don’t care