BUG: still NOT FIXED - Dismissed pets keep reappearing

This is still an issue and it is still very inconvenient and annoying to deal with. If I dismiss my pet I want it to remain dismissed until I choose to summon it again. I don’t want it randomly reappearing every time I dismount or land from a flight path. It is especially a problem when my mythic+ team wants to shroud or jump down from somewhere and we stop to take the time to have me dismiss my pet only to have it randomly reappear mid run while the rest of us are stealthed or mid jump and then gets itself stuck on a ledge somewhere. And no, putting it on passive does not always make it return to your side like it is supposed to when it gets stuck. Worse yet, sometimes a different pet is summoned then the one I just dismissed! I plan ahead when to have my lust pet out verses my spirit beast. Please prioritize fixing this bug.

3 Likes

Can confirm that my pet often will appear after being dismissed. I was running a timewalking and got kicked from it because my pet appeared and pulled mobs on accident causing a wipe. Just a few minutes ago I was doing the Wet Work quest in Zul’dazar and was stealthing around trying to find the NPC when my pet appeared and aggrod tons of those mean elite guards that ignore Feign Death. :frowning:

3 Likes

Come on Bliz, fix this issue. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a surprise visit from my “dismissed” pet when I did not want his intervention.

Fix this problem…its causing all manner of issues for game play.

2 Likes

Same bug – I dismiss my hunter pet, mount up, dismount, and pet reappears; I get off a taxi ride, pet reappears; come through a Darkmoon Faire portal, the pet reappears. Please fix! Thank you

Here for the same reason. Im killing my Mythic+ team.

Yeah, I like my Felguard and all, but I need some alone time now and then. Him constantly hanging around is really putting a strain on our friendship…

Blizzard, please help him find a hobby or something. I don’t hate him, but if he doesn’t give me some space I might start to

I’m told that this has been fixed on the ptr… hooray

I’d like to known why it happened in this patch in the first place…prior to this last patch we didn’t have this issue happening…dang dev are too lazy to go back and fix the code that make it happen for this patch…