Bug: Scholomance Dark Rune Drop Rates

1. Load into Scholomance with a group
  2. Proceed to kill all Dark Summoners and Necromancers (~18).
  3. Loot all their corpses.
  4. Leave Scholomance and reset the dungeon.
  5. Repeat 1-4 as many times as you would like.
  6. Check inventory for Dark Rune count, you will likely average 1 Dark Rune for every 20 Dark Summoners and/or Necromancers killed.

Expected Result: Prior to 1.13.5 releasing, the average drop rate for Dark Summoners and Necromancers was around 20%~. This meant that you would be likely to see 4~ Dark Runes for every time you cleared Scholomance. I’ve now run Scholomance 14 times and have gotten a total of 18 Dark Runes, many runs seeing zero. Patch 1.13.5 mentions changes in drop rates of dungeons, but nowhere does it say that Dark Runes drop rate being drastically changed to the point where, on average, a player won’t see one drop in an entire Scholomance run.

Character: Doctrgood
Server: Kirtonos-US

3 Likes

I didn’t specifically mention it here but all dark runes that dropped went to me, so the 18 dark runes reflects what dropped in total through the 14 runs.

1 Like

The scholo loot tables are messed up. All the late bosses are dropping tons of runes and almost no other items.

2 Likes

I’m also seeing this, it started with phase 5.

3 Likes

Same here, our farm runs are dismal and the tier .5 runs are pointless. Something is broken here.

2 Likes

The Skin of Shadow in Lady Illucia Barov’s room is also missing since phase 5 dropped.

1 Like

Any update?

You do understand loot tables and instances changed in P5, right?

What I understand is that as a non-raider putting finishing dungeon sets way out of reach pretty much ends classic for me. Whelp I guess it wouldn’t be 2006 era WoW without repeating the raid-or-die mistakes of the past.

What does dark rune drop rates have to do with finishing dungeon sets? Go farm gold and buy them on an AH if you need them so badly that you can’t stand running scholo more times.

We don’t know how the loot tables changed exactly, but we do know they changed so I’d look to that first before blaming something to be wrong.

the last minibosses have a HUGE chance of dropping runes, legit seen more runes on them than anywhere else in the dungeon, I’m wondering if the skeles in rattlegore’s room now have an increased drop chance? I know they used to have a small chance prior to 1.9 update. basically just clear the dungeon a bit more and do the minibosses, each one drops a dark rune probably 90% of the time.