Bug: Druid mana affected by drains while shifted

As the title says, there’s currently a major (mainly PvP-oriented) bug going on with Druid mana.

Going by documented Vanilla functionality, Druids should not be affected by spells such as Mana Burn, Drain Mana, and Viper Sting while in forms that lack mana (bear, cat).

However, in Classic, they very much are, and it basically destroys any viability against these classes, because the Druid has no way to counter this mana loss, quickly leaving them OOM and unable to shift.

9 Likes

I actually noticed the same thing in a SM library run last night after some mobs were casting mana burn i shifted out of bear form but had no mana to heal or shift back in. Im not sure if this is working as intended or not though.

3 Likes

It isn’t working as it was in Vanilla – or how it should work intuitively – so it shouldn’t be working as intended.

Needs to be fixed ASAP, before PvP really takes off, otherwise Druids could suffer tremendously… and they don’t need further handicapping, lol.

4 Likes

I don’t think this is working as intended. I think it was fixed in 1.4 for viper sting.

2 Likes

Bumping this. Still not on the list of known issues or acknowledged, and it’s been reported since beta.

3 Likes

It’s insane to me that a bug like this even made it into live.

5 Likes

Bump. Needs to be fixed asap.

1 Like

Correct. It has been reported since at least June. I’m confused as to how the bug made it to live. . .

1 Like

Well, it’s still not on the known bugs list, despite numerous threads, so Blizzard listens selectively.

1 Like