[Bug] BWL trials resetting overnight

My group ran bwl last night, starting about 8pm server on Crusader Strike (US). Cleared Razorgore to Chromag on 3 trials (Blue, Green, Black), decided to call in a night and come back Monday for our second raid day to finish it. Logged in today after people reported their trials resetting overnight to find ours had too. In the raid there are currently no trials up and no abilities to turn any on, have talked to every member in the raid and there is no one that went into the raid to even potentially turn them off.

It likely got reset some how with the daily reset? Unless fixed our raid will lose out on the bonus loot for the trials (because they are all rewarded at the end for some reason), and from looking at various discords it seems there are multiple raid teams having the same issue. Anyone else having the same problem or any insight?

2 Likes

Yup it’ll happen like that!

left it off on chromag and trials were gone today :smiley:

Fully expected it just sucks that is doesn’t make sense you cant turn on trials again? even though you need to do the full raid with trails to get extra rewards so it wouldn’t matter if someone turned off and on anyways?

This has also impacted our guild raid as well. We put a lot of effort into clearing most of the raid with the active difficulties. When we came back to finish the next day, the trials reset and can’t be activated.

Essentially our time and effort wasted by this design.

Would love to hear a dev speak about this issue.

Surely Blizzard can respond to this problem and or fix it. Raid groups should not be punished for having to come back to finish a raid the next day.

The same issue happened in our raid. After logging off for the night, we checked and found that we had 0 trials active.

We managed to do 6 out of 7 bosses on 3 Trial Hard mode, only to have all our rewards erased because the bonus chests don’t drop until Nefarian is downed. From what I’ve heard, each chest contains 4-5 epics, so that’s a big loss.

Trials shouldn’t be able to deactivate on their own. Also, the fact that any raid member could sabotage an entire raid by turning off a trial at any point during the run (without the ability to re-enable them) is a major concern. It feels like only a matter of time before someone abuses this.

Yeah, this sh!t needs to get fixed ASAP.

Same thing with me brotha, a GM needs to respond, or a dev.

Yup, this just happened to our run as well. Wanted to make a PSA post for those who haven’t ran it yet, but figured I’d bump this post instead.

Do not activate any trials if you’re not going to clear BWL in one night. Not sure if this is intended or not but you will most likely not see extra loot.

1 Like

Seems like a pretty significant issue regarding the main raid of the phase. Not a blue post confirming this issue and if it is intended or not?

Hey they just fixed this

THE NIGHT BEFORE HARD RESET WOOOOOOO

Yup, gotta love it lmfao. Wish there was some sort of compensation for us but it’s Blizzard so I doubt it. They couldn’t even properly give everyone back their gbank/bank items that got wiped out in retail, so I don’t expect them to help us with this.

Our Guild waited til Monday Night to finished BWL in hopes they’d fix the issue in time. Unfortunately we had to clear and received 0 bonus loot despite our time and effort. Compensation would have been nice, now we are down what I hear is 12-15 epics. Time and effort wasted.