Buffing frost strike and Frost fever for FDK

This is blizzard basically giving FDK this middle finger and saying yeah will keep buffing the 1 only ability that does useless damage to gain runes for obliterates.

nice job blizzard, what a way to satisfy your customers.

5 Likes

Until frost gets a revamp, it doesn’t matter.

The devs are clearly not worried about S4. Just gotta hold out until the war within (assuming they fix things) or reroll.

5 Likes

Frost DK isn’t going to get a revamp. They would rather focus on fire mage

4 Likes

But they said they are gonna revamp it. Were they lying or what?

4 Likes

lets be honest, what revamp are we really getting in War Within ? an ability that act like paladins riding around on our death charger lmao

4 Likes

That’s not a revamp. That’s just tossing us some abilities. A revamp is building the whole damned spec from the ground, which is needed because right now, frost is bad, I mean really bad. Worse spec in game both in PVP and PVE.

As for riding a mount in battle, well, the spec is called “rider of” so we got to be riding something, right? Preferably not the shaft like we have been doing to date.

Did they? All I saw was a dev note about changing the uptime of Breath of Sindragosa, and something about resource management. That is not a revamp. That is more tuning. Frost needs a ret-level rework.

2 Likes

Agreed. This can’t go on. Frost is just an embarrassment.

2 Likes

+1 that they didn’t say revamp. They specifically mentioned a moderate-large class tree update with an implication that the spec trees will get a small-mid size updates. Most likely DH level changes for the trees which isn’t the worst thing for Blood or Frost since Blood needs some variety and Frost’s tree isn’t horrible, it just has too many mandatory talents.

we’ll have to see what the talent tree revamps look like, i imagine theyll probably mess it up somehow for pve disregarding that pvp exists

im glad they buffed noodlestrike, couldve buffed it a little more tbh, but the real problem is their absolutely disgusting stubborness to buff our defensives/deathstrike which is the main issue about dk

they also couldve idk, unnerfed empower rune weapon, unnerfed abom limb, and buffed soulreaper while also changing its cost to runic power

6 Likes

dont forget they are nerfing runic power too

Idk why our defensiveness wasn’t addressed? Maybe the devs are gathering data from solo shuffle? I know me personally I feel way squishier in actual 3’s than in solo because nobody wants to target me even up to 1800.

2 Likes

Stubbornness, or pure blissful ignorance only 2 realities

3 Likes

you cant buff frostsrike without nerfing other things. And right now, this community is mostly comprised of people that just want to spam obliterate… so yeah…

1 Like

clown take clearly you dont pvp lemme check that pvp xp and confirm rq

Yep exactly what i thought, dont come into here spewing nonsense when you dont have a clue what your talking about in the first place

5 Likes

This is a thread about the pvp buffs (which you clearly don’t participate in). They can buff frost strike another 30% and it still wont address the design problems frost has. You should do some pvp and you will see exactly why this community hates the design of this spec.

3 Likes

Yeah it does when the post is about pvp :clown_face:

ur making it to easy

5 Likes

The very fact that they have to do all these modifiers in pvp is proof the spec at its core is borked.

3 Likes

Yeah, it kinda does. In order to understand how classes interact with each other, you need to experience the interactions by engaging in player combat. You don’t even have to do rated content. Just join a battleground and do as much damage as you can, and watch how yours compares to almost every other class which can just stand in one spot melt you without even trying. You won’t get 30% of their hp down before having to spam Death Strike and pop defensives to avoid getting trashed.

Who the heck wanted Icecap?

This has been the case since Legion, not Shadowlands. Though at least in Legion we had the artifact abilities to help the damage. I played Frost in both pve and pvp all throughout Legion, BFA, and about half of Shallowlands, and I am telling you it has been weak in pvp since it was reworked in Legion. The design is still trash due to said rework but at least 2H made it stronger.

1 Like

Lol, people definitely wanted to be able to pick up Icecap and Obliteration coming into DF.

It wasnt reworked in Legion, people throw this term around too much without even getting close to what this actually means. If changing how KM procs from any auto to auto crits, and putting Howling Blast damage into Rime procs to kill a playstyle most people hated (masterfrost) constitutes as a “rework” then painting your house means you get a whole new house.