Buff Sub rogue?

any sub buffs coming blizz? :frowning:

31 Likes

They don’t need buffed they have their own uses as is and are strong.

1 Like

sub is actually getting nerfed in 8.1 lol.

blizzard doesnt want people playing it.

7 Likes

No sub buffs in 8.1, no. Dunno why they are keeping it in the trash, it was the premier PvP spec for so long and they seem to have abandoned it. Sure, it still works in some ways, but it’s pretty sad how far it’s fallen. And now it’s looking like it’s going to be nerfed, even. What a joke.

12 Likes

Ahh it seems like peopme are coming around… give it another 3 weeks before they start doing something about it

As someone who loves this game, the constant sub nerfs are the one thing I think Blizzard is absolutely failing on, and I’m an assassination main. I hate how I never see sub rogues in PVP, and the changes they’re doing in 8.1 to it are garbage… although I hope they reconsider and prove me wrong. I’d like to play sub more, I really love it.

6 Likes

They need to be buffed. I’m so tired of being forced to play brain dead assassination. I’ve played sub consistently since cata yet this is the only season since then where it actually feels borderline unplayable. Its a sad time to be a sub rogue.

11 Likes

This is just simply not true, I’m sorry to say. Anything they have that makes them good is just done better on another class like DH or another spec like outlaw.

8 Likes

As someone who has been asking for sub buffs since they nerfed it i truly believe that this is just one of those things where they wont care because sin is so strong. We won’t see any sub changes until the nerfs for sin go through.

Still play sub but its just not fun when you outplay at high mmr and you cant secure a kill. Playing sin for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

Think you need to dig a little deeper in your memory bank. They were garbage for a while early on in Legion, and I remember them being trash at beginning of MoP too. Maybe early WoD as well.

That being said, it definitely sucks. Assa is so boring and I’ve never liked Outlaw/Combat.

5 Likes

I played Sub since day one of vanilla. The current Sub just feels so bad to me that I am actually trying Sin and Outlaw. Unfortunately I’m not enjoying them either so now I no longer pvp and only log in for raids where before I’d hop on all the time for a quick BG. I know I’m only average at pvp but I used to really enjoy it and this xpac it feels more like I’m punishing myself. My favorite version of Rogue was definitely the Hemo build but I’d gladly take any iteration of Rogue pre Diablo team.

6 Likes

It’s hilarious when people say that sub has its own strengths. It literally does nothing well atm and does nothing that assa can’t do better tbh.

21 Likes

Subtlety has access to many more stuns than the other two Rogue specs, yes, that’s very nice, yes…

It just has little sustained damage. That’s OK if it gets more utility to compensate.

Give me Garrote and Gouge back. I need to be able to do something between goes.

7 Likes

I’m fine with sub having little sustain damage… either give us more utility like Kaeska mentioned, or make sub the bursty spec it’s always been. Or you know… just give it a straight dmg buff across the board.

While Sub does have more control over the other two specs, Outlaw’s utility outdoes sub, it’s damage is better both burst and sustained - Sin’s burst is much stronger and it’s sustained is much better as well and is even stronger than sub in the utility department. Vanish garrote silence to secure a kill is a lot better than spamming cheap on healer since you know… DRs and everything.

2 Likes

The sad part is we star really good and the hit us with the nerf bat so many times

1 Like

Purely because the spec was so dependent on somewhat broken azerite traits. The second those got put in the bin, so did the spec because nothing was done to compensate.

That being said, next raid looks like a pretty cleave heavy / multi-target raid so we’ll probably see another tier of Sin

1 Like

Can we get some attention? This is getting ridiculous.

3 Likes

subtlety is garbage right now and in the next patch it dies completely

7 Likes

Between this and Auto-attack Death Knights, AKA Frost DKs, I think it is time for me to shelf this game. This is insulting.

1 Like

Fixes for sub rogue:
*Increase damage back to what it was.
*if you drop shrunken combo, reduce CD on secret techniques
*make Gloomblade baseline replacing backstab.
*Make master of shadows baseline (I should not have to choose between any talent and having proper energy flows.)

Please don’t kill my favorite spec blizzard.

As it stands the strong suits of spec for rogue are niche. We have to switch specs in order to perform on par with other classes that can just stay in one spec.
I.e.
Best aoe: Outlaw
Best st: sub (probably not anymore)
Best sustain/2-3 target: assassination.

So let me just change spec and gear and talents every time I want to be competitive in a scenario. Its a pain in the a$$!

2 Likes