Buff fire mage

funny u mention that and i was dueling my affy friend we go back and forth on. He always wins off randomly doing 2-3 mil dmg in a haunt global.

https://i.imgur.com/D4xaMzy.png This was just like 30 seconds ago

almost 2.7 mil in a global randomly with nightfall proc and all the other crap. Haunts airborne and shadowbolt follows it

They do that every 15 seconds lmao and you gotta wait for a massive scripted/telegraphed surge/magi and all the globals you spend in that window to match it.

I don’t even think Aff should be doing that kind of damage, but arcane feels super limp comparatively lol.

It’s okay. I hope the rework lets us do more dam.

1 Like

My mage is 631 ilvl and while i understand im not fully geared yet, i have like 6 to 7 639 pieces and as many enchants as i can afford, and fire right now feels sickeningly underpowered lol.

My lock, which is like 636 i think, has incinerate hitting around 400 to 550k. Shadowburn around 400 low end to 750 high.

Why on EARTH is scorch hitting 300k on a CRIT, fireball doing around the same or less.

What is this right now. Its laughably low. Meteor 400k? A 30s cooldown that does 5% of someones health? Loool

Even kubzy quit :frowning:
Arcane mage down tremendous.

1 Like

I messed around with arcane tonight and the tooltip damage alone is ridiculous. Arcane blast baseline for…100k. lol.

It requires 4 casts and cooldowns to do anything. I can’t believe what they did to the spec. Its terribly sad.

Arcanosphere used to be so fun to charge up and now its a 4 second charge up for 800k

Something’s gotta give, and I think they’re going to give it the ol’ devoker special of consecutive 10% buffs until it’s crucifying people for being in the open, but by then it’ll be season 3 or 4 and they won’t nerf anything because they’re too invested in the next expansion.

1 Like

I’m still mad they’re nerfing gravity lapse!!! Thats the COOLEST button!!!

2 Likes

Idk, but for me on fire, I am usually hitting about 900-1m scorches with execute up.

That being said, my meteor still hits less than comet storm and I also have pyroblasts hitting for about 5% of someones hp still.

I can’t press bust and just hurt people in a 3x poly on the healer, it still comes down to my ignite damage padding into dampening (full mastery stack on one of my mages usually has about 250k ignite ticks)

1 Like

The fact that they said it was a stun and now it’s a root is sad because it was the last hope for sunfury PvP after the nerfs, and now spellslinger getting a clear casting buff and some other stuff makes it superior again.

But I think spellslinger is more fun for the base mage kit anyways. The extra shields and extra movement speed and extra distance on displacement are all great tools.

2 Likes

Kubzy quit???

Ya this is what feels awful for mage tbh. Fire is like a low/med pad dam support class majority of game. Not a showstopper with combust and CC.

Most classes can shrug off combust on their own without even needing a healer. Toss a hunter and ROS into mix they are def not giving up anything for the mages CD lol

Once combust is over they are def not worried about you freecasting anything. Heck you could turret fireballs and I don’t think anyone would flinch or bother to kick you before they would win off raw parsing your team mate while you standby doing zero pressure and trying to peel with polys when it gets bad

1 Like