Buff enhance how many expansions do we have to complain for? do something already

Why is maelstrom weapon and flurry even on our talent tree, why do we have to trade damage for a channeled stun that can be interrupted. Why don’t we have an immune where we can still damage or a proper stun so we can at least have a go window. Why isn’t hex instant cast with maelstrom. Why do we have so many buttons for so little damage. The list goes on same old grievances with no changes made.

5 Likes

I feel like they need to take the class back to a melee class. Right now we’re a ranged class that uses melee to build up our ranged damage. Make our melee attacks our big damage and our maelstrom spenders still do damage, but instead of doing huge damage, have them stack buffs on our melee attacks. Have lava burst/elemental blast add buffs to lava lash and lightning bolt buff our storm strike while chain lightning still buffs crash lightning. Have lava burst do something like buff our next lava lash’s crit chance and lightning bolt lower the cooldown of storm strike, or let storm strike give us a haste buff after it follows a MW lightning bolt. That way it feeds back into itself. Make the buffs stackable so we become more dangerous over time, like we currently do, but it’s being led by our melee attacks, not our MW spenders.

We are at the HEIGHT, in all of WoW’s history, in Enhancement viability in PvE
We have legitimately never been better.

Is this a PvP complaint? If so, valid, we are abysmal in pvp

5 Likes

it’s not a pvp thing, though lightning lasso certainly might lean into pvp more than pve. {gosh i love lightning lasso. I used to turn warmode on just to have it}

it’s just improvements are great signs of progress and progress should always be made. I don’t think it’s a nitpick to ask to move some mandatory talents out of the class tree, when those spaces can be used to make room for more interesting choices. as we move forward with a view of a new expansion, war within, identifying space in the tree for new designs in supported and familiar structures might be useful

I am pretty happy with enhancement as a spec right now. I play the thundah build though … I like the simplicity of it …

I agree with one thing here. Some talents needs to be baseline for enhancement like flurry and maelstrom weapon.

Maelstrom weapon is useless to other specs … they should just put windfury totem at the top there at the top of the class tree instead and give it some kind of effect for spells too maybe? Maybe a hairbrained idea. I don’t know what would fit best there, but maelstrom weapon isn’t it.

Note OP isn’t talking about damage rotation or damage profile. What OP is talking about relates more to survivability and utility, which if supported would make it even easier to find PvE groups than it may be now.

Enhancement is pretty great right now except for being a glass cannon. It would be my main if it wasn’t so darn squishy.

2 Likes

Tell me about it, I do main Enhancement and it’s squishy as heck.

One of my friends runs a Restoration Druid and it’s just a nightmare how much more durable they are while killing stuff. I took one look at Restoration Shaman and ended up not doing it because of how many more buttons it would add to the mess I already run.

Hot take, our melee abilities enhancing our spells is actually a pretty cool idea and I think it’s panned out superwell.

Another hot take: Take Storm outback and put two barrels into the back of its head, focus all dev time creating those choices for Elementalist. Season 1 we had some amazing diversity in meaningful choices you could make with you playing 4 different builds that deviated from the go to raid build utilizing 1-2 talent point changes that has substantial impact on the fight. I feel like we haven’t been able to have this due to not only encounter design but in addition to the fact that so much effort goes into trying to make Storm work. Its the Frost DK issue that dev spent trying to make 2 hand frost work over the entirety of SL took time away from addressing core issues with the design.

Ironically I feel like we have this with our class tree with M+ being able to swap around stuff to attend to different affixes or group comp needs (i.e. being able to take double earth shield if you want to help out our fellow squishy friends like S-Priests).

I’d like some of the end point talents actually be in those spots, something like totemic projection and the node for tranq air/stoneskin be in that spot. Either that or another defensive talent node.

Deff a weird one but the solution is a hard one figure out since blizzard isn’t just going to give Enhance 2 free class tree points over Ele and Resto by making those baseline.

Be fine with making that a choice node to choose between either having a shorter CD or it utilizing atleast 5 Maelstrom. Could even make it where every Maelstrom above 5 used on the cast extends the duration or makes it unbreakable for .5 seconds to trade off with the longer CD. Deff would be a bad choice to make it baseline use Maelstrom.

Unsure what its like for PvP but for PvE we’re perfectly fine. Anybody who says otherwise is just bad at the spec (or is a storm build lover).

Agreed. It was fun when the ascendance proc stars aligned but being forced into such an rng-dependent build was unfun, especially for how simple it is.

Destro used to and still kind of is like this, where the “dead” talents all synergize with other talents, and you can theorycraft up some fun alt builds (cry havoc, for example). I don’t feel the same flexibility in enhance. Taking points in frost witch is easier in aoe but loses hard in ST. Fire nova falls off hard in all scenarios.

Elementalist would feel like a complete and perfect build if it had something for large pulls instead of almost literally doing less damage with 12 targets than it does with 6.

Speak for yourselves! I play a shaman to gamble. Unless they add a true gambler subclass, or make Outlaw Rogue a big time gambler, Shaman is my only bet for the gambler fantasy.