Buff came too late. Most already re-rolled to other classes

Buff to hunter came too late as usual when the tier was already 3 weeks in. Most hunters already stopped playing or switched to other classes.

That’s why it is ghost town in Oribos now compared to start of 9.0.

Blizzard killed themselves pretty much via stupid class balancing

1 Like

That’s almost making the argument that hunters needed to be ridiculously OP to actually be world-first S-tier. Politically, that’s not going to jive with the others, particularly the meleers. Hunters being that strong is not politically correct lately. It may not be world-first stuff lately but a filthy casual such as moi would still choose it over many others.

If the world-first guilds have already completed the race, it’s too late to do anything in my honest factinion. It would likewise be too late to tune-up Hunters, but not too late for us yokels who enjoy online gaming life’s simpler pleasures. To those concerned, I’d just say BLNT. I live in 99% World. World-firsters would have to get inside info and get Hunters ready before the fact that they would be considered S-tier.

Let’s be honest. Hunter attracts a lot of idiots and is why the term “Huntard” exists.

As soon as the balance shifts and they cant faceroll their way to near the top of the dps charts, they move on to some other FOTM class.

The amount of absolutely horrible Balance druids and mages I run into is amazing.

3 Likes

Well most of us aren’t world first. Before the 15% buffs (which are huge btw), hunters were right smack bottom at everything - All 3 specs right at the bottom.

When you start a new tier, Raid and M+ both reset. Guilds are gathering roster. M+ teams are gathering regulars. Would you roll with a hunter and risk being left out of any meaningful content for 3 weeks? It meant not being taken into any M+ push groups, Torghast Runs and SOD raids.

And that was true BTW in the first 3 weeks. You would see regular pug groups with “Need lust. No hunter” and Guild recruitments with “Ranged. Except Hunter”

Therefore anyone with a mind of playing into 9.1 would have swapped out classes. Even Ginji swapped out to Hunter. Most world first guilds kept just 1 hunter in the roster, just in case.

Case in point was Rogerbrownie. He was sat out for most bosses till they buffed 15% and he got his 3 piece unholy bonus that’s why he went back in. He was topping meters on Sylvannas mainly because: 15% damage buff, 3-piece Unholy Bonus and the Damage buff from Carefulaim.

Yes, hunters went to a better place after the 15% buff but it’s too late already. They are nowhere near the top now for anything but the impression has already been set. Pug Groups and Guilds are regularly turning away hunters.

Anyway, being the worse DPS class plus squishiest was definitely no fun. Went Boomie and didn’t look back.

Lo and Behold. Boomie , Mages and Warlocks are again the Top DPS class based on Warcraft logs. That’s even with the 15% Hunter Buffs.

2 Likes

I don’t know enough to really comment on this thread, but on this point, it seems the blame doesn’t just belong to Bliz. but to the people who can’t alter their impression based on new information (ie the recent buffs)… seems kind of ridiculous. That is, if I understand correctly.

I didn’t realize that all the hunters hung out in oribos

3 Likes

It’s amazing the things people on the hunter forums will find to complain about.

To be fair, a lot of people playing hunters at the start of Shadowlands were only doing so because of how powerful Dance of Death made BM at the end of BFA.

All things balanced.

“We’d rather you not play Hunter.” --Ion Hazzikostas (probably)

More rare pets for the rest of us!!

2 Likes