Buff-based Condition for Macros

I know it’s currently impossible, but would it ever be considered by Blizzard? Or does it violates their rules for macros? What I mean by “buff-based condition for macro” would be something like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [aura:Demonic Circle] Demonic Circle: Teleport; Demonic Circle

For context, when Warlocks cast Demonic Circle, they get a buff/aura (called “Demonic Circle”) that informs then the circle’s remaining time (and its existence). What this macro would do is:

• Cast Demonic Circle: Teleport if a circle exists;
    • This keeps happening while the player has the buff.
  • Cast Demonic Circle if it doesn’t.

Basically removing the necessity of having a [mod] or a [castsequence] condition (both of which work, but imperfectly). There’s other contexts in which this could be useful, this is just one of the easiest to explain. More complex uses could look like:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, target=aura:Wild Growth] Swiftmend

To allow Druids to only cast Swiftmend if the target has a specific buff (Wild Growth, in the case buff).

Or even for quick-to-use, mega enhanced spells based on stacking buffs, like:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover, aura:From Darkness Comes Light] Flash Heal; Power World: Shield

Which would cast Flash Heal if the player’s “From Darkness Comes Light” buff reached max stacks (ideally, unsure here on if it should be separated for stacking buffs or count as max always).

Would this be too much?

:dracthyr_nod:

Blizzard would be aggressively, violently opposed to this.

1 Like

I think the best you could hope for is for them to change how the Demonic Circle spell itself works. (There are other spells where a second press does something based on the first press — like the Void Elf racial.)

As for the other examples, that’s pretty clearly outside the realm of what they want macros to be able to do.

1 Like