Btags protect you against harm

Let’s face it, nobody like being told to get hurt. Well, most of us anyways. Why I’m bringing this up?

Because it’s become a rather disturbing trend that people who want to post anon for the sake of “Privacy”, also wishes others to be hurt or justify people being told to hurt themselves. And yes, i also seen a few of them going against LGBT+ peeps for what they are. And before anybody tells me, Blizzard doesn’t really stop this sort of thing or even allows it because of the fake politeness. Ya know, the sort that act all friendly, says “Oh how kind of you, kind words, thank you for such words.” and spam emojis with hearts and all that? " :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: " That’s what i would like to call a crocodile smile. :crocodile:

And don’t worry if you don’t know. If it’s not from us archiving the things they say up on the internet (something we should all do), or probably letting content creators who care about harassment, the people who want anon posting will certainly let you know themselves. And boy they love to let you know.

Btags keeps us responsible for the things we say and do, and allows us to easily ignore account wide. That and it’s honestly silly to not have this on the forums, esp since alt hopping in game is against the rules, but it’s not on here. And it should. It’s fine on other Blizzard’s forums to have Btags, so WoW should too.

I simply don’t dig people being told to be hurt, and i rather put the kabosh on that instead of letting it sit for 3 days until maybe the mods can do something about it.

#Btags4Forums

Baridorielor#1763

42 Likes

I’ve been on the forums for a bit, if someone is using multiple characters for this behaviour they face disciplinary action. Moderation is able to see the BT and that’s all that matters.

31 Likes

But how long does it take for them to get to that point tho?..

9 Likes

Not really. You can’t just lump everything at the mods. They’re not omnipotent. As evidenced by the entire history of this forum.

When it comes to account wide ignore, it’s really a very minimally basic thing that pretty much every other forum board on the internet can do. Except this one apparently.

39 Likes

personally, i don’t think this feature is actually necessary.

11 Likes

Maybe I don’t frequent it enough, but most of the time I see something bad I ignore and it’s gone by the next morning. Could you elaborate as to your point of saying ‘Not really?’

5 Likes

And honestly, i don’t think we should put all of our trust in mods.

I think we should have more tools at our disposal to deal with problems such as having btags to be shown to allow us to account wide ignore. (And only that)

More or less what i’ve said, Alt hoping, fake politeness, etc…

Op, here’s one of them now saying “Oh we don’t need it”.

4 Likes

As in, you can’t just 100% rely on the mods to observe whatever preferences you may have. Mods only intervene if a certain set of circumstances are reached. And sometimes not even then. Besides, such thing as forum ignores are not 100% for people contravening the forum ToU. A lot of the time it’s because people have notoriously bad takes on subjects and then try to bait you into logical fallacies. This type of behavior completely runs under the mods radar. And that’s just one example.

Sure you can psudo-ignore people. But all that’s being asked is that you post under one profile and one profile only. Something every other forum board does without issue. Not sure why people take such issue with it here as opposed to everywhere else on the Internet.

8 Likes

I know what you’re talking about in terms of your first paragraph.

People take your points in bad faith and try and bait you into saying something you can get in trouble for. I’ve seen it and I’ve experienced it.

But it also hasn’t been something I haven’t been able to fix fairly easy by ignoring said person. Easiest way is not to feed into them and realise what they are doing.

4 Likes

They alt-hop. We want a solution that ignores the account and Btags is it.

The fun part of doing that is showing what their real character is all about, and what they really believe in or how far their gonna go. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

No.

That is all.

11 Likes

it never ends

3 Likes

Why not? Btags protect people against harm.

1 Like

Exactly my point. We’re just asking for the ability to do just that by effectively hiding their posts from us. This usually stops the escalation ladder in its tracks since not everyone is like you and can ignore others despite getting pinged from their responses. Especially when it comes to people who will often brigade your threads because of some personal vendetta.

It’s the same reason why the in-game ignore suppresses everything from the offending player by returning the “player not found” error.

6 Likes

In my experience, people’s posts usually just get scrubbed and they don’t face any actual consequences.

You have to consider how many posts get flagged each day to how many mods there actually are. It’s impossible for them to read through all of them and I highly doubt they do, so people can slip through the cracks.

I’ve seen people say really unhinged stuff. Their post was flagged and deleted but nothing happened to them and they were still posting.

5 Likes

You can flag posts you don’t like. Doing that will protect people if they’re offended or easily upset or what ever the reason. Battletags won’t help as much as people like to think.

I’m not sure what you mean by this. This point doesn’t seem like it’s completely related to the first part of the paragraph, and it’s not very realistic either. You don’t like the rude people and you don’t like the polite people? What?

Yes, just like people who are making lists of people they don’t like and want said people punished? That doesn’t sound creepy or malicious to anyone?

They wouldn’t.

There’s nothing stopping people from creating a new account and trolling with that account. BTags wouldn’t prevent people with multiple accounts from trolling, and it wouldn’t stop the concern trolling or the like farming or any of the other garbage that goes on in these forums… If battle tags really solved anything, Blizzard probably would have implemented them already.

The community solves these issues very quickly. Posts that are flagged become hidden, so a person would physically have to check what the hidden post says. So, this isn’t super realistic.

I agree, people can be nicer to each other, on the forums and out… but battle tags won’t do much to curb any issues people worry about.

Also… stop making lists, please.

8 Likes

You’re on the internet and things will get shared around if you say something. WoW forums isn’t an isle to itself.

And as i’ve said before, Btags protect against others from harm. Mods can barely do any of that.

2 Likes

That’s what you took away from my post, not the rest of it which explained why this is a waste of time?

2 Likes

Can you even post on GD with a trial account?

Why does it have to be trial?

Also, how many people are repeat offenders on the forums but they keep showing back up? We just had a troll Skinwalker thread yesterday, he keeps showing back up… battletags won’t solve that issue.

3 Likes