Bronze Dragonflight aided the Horde?

When recruiting the Mag’har, no matter how you see it, they lent a hand with reinforcing the Horde Army.

I thought dragons were impartial.

2 Likes

From what others have said the only reason they did it was because they knew it was necessary and what they always did. But yeah, I agree, it does seem like tampering with the timeline. I prefer the explanation that it’s the first step towards them deciding they know better and becoming the Infinite Dragonflight.

6 Likes

The Death of Voljin due to the Legion prematurely returning was a bigger change to the Horde than Varian’s death was to the Alliance.

Essentially you can see it as the Bronze flight attempting to clean up their own mess to nudge the timeline back to where it was supposed to be for things to work out.

2 Likes

They’re fixing their mistakes.

By allowing the Alt-Draenor timeline to instantiate, they essentially created millions of people… all of whom were doomed to wink out of existence when that timeline collapses.

Saving some small portion of the people they’ve doomed is a kind of penance.

7 Likes

Yes, they helped the Horde. It was such an anti Bronze Dragonflight thing to do. Their job is to protect the timelines as they are and not to choose which one suits them better. We all saw what a rogue bronze did by acting alone even after losing the powers that allow them to see all potential timelines so they are basically playing a russian roulette with Azeroth.
That is a clear indication that we are now witnessing the beginning of the Infinite Dragonflight.

The Bronze helped us because, as far as they were concerned, they were always going to.

“Is it time for you to visit me already? Yes, I suppose it is then.”
-Anachronos.

He knew we were coming and what we wanted, so I think he was just playing the part.

Anachronos did believe the player was worthy enough to use Shards, since he was afraid of it falling into the wrong hands, and that we were ready for whatever was to come next.

I don’t think this is prelude to the Infinites, at least not in the sense that Anachronos is going to go Infinite.

2 Likes

Going back to AU Draenor for the maghar is just… not cool, they should have recruited some of them at the end of WoD. Would have been much better than creating the story line to go back and retrieve them.

1 Like

Anachronos probably won’t turn infinite but we see how they are currently trying to fix their mistakes which was caused by a potential infitite dragon.
They should have left AU Draenor exist in ita own plane and forget about it. It should’ve never existed in the first place so they shouldn’t entertain the idea by bringing them here.

I think they did it to make a distinct difference between generations and kill almost all AU counterparts. Since thirty years passed, most Mag’har do not posses an MU counterpart. Some elders, sure, but most are fresh orcs with no counterparts.

Might also be to distance it further from the Iron Horde.

Anachronos knew what we were there for before we told him, so he clearly knew it was part of his timeline to help the Horde move several Mag’har over to Azeroth. Him not helping us

Which begs the question; was what Kairoz did always part of the timeline, or is there a new timeline that the Bronze are also aware of their place and act according to this new timeline?

Cause they can’t return it to what it was before. So if they are preserving a new time stream, then Anachronos was doing his job as a Bronze. If what Kairoz did was always part of the timestream, then Anachronos is still doing what he was always going to do.

Far as I’m concerned, either way, Anachronos helped the Horde because his timeline demanded it. And the Bronze are slaves to their timeline, as we’ve seen with Nozdurmo and Chromie, Anachronos is no different.

But if Kairoz was always meant to do what he did nobody would have made such a big deal aboit it. Even Chromie had to investigate it and helped us kill him.
So for me that timeline was never meant to be.

Which means we’re in a new timeline. So new future. The Bronze and Timewalkers are just devoted to preserving that one now I suppose. So Anachronos is just acting as his new timeline demanded.

So by that logic if let’s say Chromie wants to mess up the timelines, the rest of the flight would have no other choice but to accept it and move on? If that’s the case then we should have let the end time and all the infinites did happen anyway.

I don’t think the Bronze can fix the timeline. Or else they would go back and stop Kairoz. If the Bronze could stop Kairoz… wouldn’t they?

If Chromie broke the timeline as badly as Kairoz did, then yeah the Bronze would have to go along with it, cause they can’t fix it. It’d be out of their hands by that point.

The only thing I can think of that makes this ‘permanent’ is the use of the Hourglass. The Hourglass is ultimately what seperates this alteration from the ones the Infinite Timeline used.

EDIT:
I re-read the quests. The Bronze weren’t hunting Kairoz for breaking the timeline. Khadgar was looking for Kairoz to re-calibrate his magic, and Chromie volunteered to help.

I guess it is possible that this is just the timeline.

2 Likes

Still that whole thing felt forced and out of place. It’s so Blizzard with its retcons forcing us to accept whatever mess they made.

I don’t think the Bronze Dragons could care less about the Alliance or Horde and their conflicts. They will aid whoever they need to to craft their main timeline.

The Bronze Dragonflight, like Doctor Strange, know what must happen and who must be there to bring it to pass. That includes the Mag’har, even if they’re Horde.

Didn’t they lose the power to see what is supposed to happen, or is that a “yes, but no” thing now?

Speaking of the Infinite Dragonflight, don’t they not make sense anymore since most of their actions would have been a Burning Legion victory and Old God defeat?

1 Like

They’re so nebulously ill defined we don’t even know what it was they were aiming for even now. Only Murozond mentions a “true end time” but we’ve beaten back ever major threat that had the potential to turn the world into something worse than the one we saw so I don’t know what that’s supposed to be.

The Actual Goal was to let the Botani and Saberons to escape into the Kalimdorian wilderness, leading to them slaughtering a local tribe of quilboar who were gonna muck about in a plan to kidnap their Wild God back from before he died while BfA raged on, so they knew they couldn’t get the horde or alliance to do it, leading to a series of events that would cause the Legion to win the WotAs.

More like the bronze Dragonflight was trying to fix a problem caused by one of their own going rogue and you know, creating an entire planet full of real living people out of thin air.

Which is all ultimately due to Wrathion being a gigantic idiot who pretends to be super-smart.