Broken/Krokul Allied Race Discussion Thread

09/29/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Falturin
Aye, but the roster of playable races is so heavily saturated by conventionally attractive female models. Not even the most grotesque and beastly races are exempt from this (take the Forsaken for example).

We only have 7 conventionally attractive races of which 3 are recolors.

The other races are feminine but not conventionally attractive.

If anything we're lacking a lot in that department and also in males.
09/29/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Jizika
If this is talking of the red draenei, then I am for it!

We're actually talking about the Draenei who are in dire need of skin moisturizer.
1 Like
09/29/2018 04:53 PMPosted by Averyx
09/29/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Falturin
Aye, but the roster of playable races is so heavily saturated by conventionally attractive female models. Not even the most grotesque and beastly races are exempt from this (take the Forsaken for example).

We only have 7 conventionally attractive races of which 3 are recolors.

The other races are feminine but not conventionally attractive.

If anything we're lacking a lot in that department and also in males.

I guess what I meant to say is 'attractive', rather than 'conventionally attractive'. Nearly all of the female races have pretty faces and are dramatically thinner than their male counterparts.
I support this with all of my heart. I have been begging for Broken/Krokul for years.
1 Like
Monitoring thread
broken for alliance? eredar for Horde?

broken look unique enough and have enough story i'd totally love to see them playable, technically they'd unlock the option for draenei rogues too

perhaps set up a discord community to help spread support? the san'layn, high elves, vulpera ETC have links to eachother and it would be great to join in on that fold.
09/29/2018 05:10 PMPosted by Swiftraven
broken for alliance? eredar for Horde?

broken look unique enough and have enough story i'd totally love to see them playable, technically they'd unlock the option for draenei rogues too

perhaps set up a discord community to help spread support? the san'layn, high elves, vulpera ETC have links to eachother and it would be great to join in on that fold.

So, I'm pretty new to the Discord scene but if this thread picks up some traction I do have an active link to a server I created today that I'd be more than happy to share.

I'm pretty sure I did everything correct. Should be no explosions :]
If I recall correctly, female Worgen didn't exist until Cataclysm, when Worgen became playable. The lack of female Broken in-game is not a major hurdle at all.
1 Like
09/30/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Falturin
If I recall correctly, female Worgen didn't exist until Cataclysm, when Worgen became playable. The lack of female Broken in-game is not a major hurdle at all.

It's not a dream-killer by any stretch of the imagination, but people like to point to the non-existence of female models when discussing potential allied race options as that would be something Blizzard would have to design from scratch. There seems to be some presumption that it'd be seen as too much work for an allied race, considering most of the options we've gotten thus far reuse or retool existing assets.

I think Kul Tirans are mostly unique, however. I might be wrong, but that's my impression.
Blizzard doesnt care for and conveniently forget the Draenei exists unless they need a plot device... why in heavens name would you think they'd care enough to make broken or krokul playable?
09/30/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Canopia
Blizzard doesnt care for and conveniently forget the Draenei exists unless they need a plot device... why in heavens name would you think they'd care enough to make broken or krokul playable?

Considering there are recent implications that we're about to get a gnome allied race, I reiterate, a gnome allied race, I daresay the possibility of more draenei is at least plausible.
Broken for Alliance
Mok'nathal for Horde
2 Likes
09/30/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Rorrand
09/30/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Canopia

Considering there are recent implications that we're about to get a gnome allied race, I reiterate, a gnome allied race, I daresay the possibility of more draenei is at least plausible.

only if you think gnomes are less popular than draenei when it comes to Blizzard, which to say I dont.

Large main Draenei lore character? killed in a cutscene to prop up another draenei lore character who pretty much disappeared in the next expansion. Large...hehe... main Gnome lore character? enjoyed many cutscenes, with pithy one liners and infectious laughter. Also he is technically still alive and kicking, even in 8.1 where he is simply MIA not KIA.

Yeah, I can totally see Draenei getting some non-plot-device treatment sometime in the near future. Could be wrong but I highly doubt it.
09/30/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Canopia
09/30/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Rorrand

only if you think gnomes are less popular than draenei when it comes to Blizzard, which to say I dont.

Large main Draenei lore character? killed in a cutscene to prop up another draenei lore character who pretty much disappeared in the next expansion. Large...hehe... main Gnome lore character? enjoyed many cutscenes, with pithy one liners and infectious laughter. Also he is technically still alive and kicking, even in 8.1 where he is simply MIA not KIA.

Yeah, I can totally see Draenei getting some non-plot-device treatment sometime in the near future. Could be wrong but I highly doubt it.

Eh.. I think you might be overbloating Maraad's importance. He had his own little storyline, and his death made sense in terms of where it was heading. It wasn't necessarily just to prop up Yrel, although that definitely was a side-effect. Maraad lived his life with guilt that he could not, and did not, save his people. It's almost poetic for him to die doing just that.

Velen, on the other hand, has always been a big deal ever since his introduction, and appropriately he remained a big deal when it came time to deal with the greatest threat Azeroth has ever known. He's one of the King's right hands, his personal teacher of the light, and perhaps his most trusted advisor alongside Greymane.

The draenei don't have many characters, true, but to say that they're overall less important than the gnomes with regards to what's been going on lately in the storyline just isn't true in my opinion.
Could you post the discord link please? Perhaps you could edit it into the OP.
This is the worst part about void elves. Not only are they not the actual request of high elves, they also took the place of the obvious broken draenei allied race faction.

Literally everything about void elves is a terrible idea.
2 Likes
This is the worst part about void elves. Not only are they not the actual request of high elves, they also took the place of the obvious broken draenei allied race faction.

Literally everything about void elves is a terrible idea.

Everything except their stylish Van Dyke beards!
10/01/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Falturin
Could you post the discord link please? Perhaps you could edit it into the OP.

Yup, I just so happen to be browsing GD on my phone right now because I'm out but a little later tonight when i get home I'll bump this thread again with the discord link. I'll also edit it into its own section in the OP.

Won't be much longer.
Should have been them instead of lightforged.
1 Like
Welp, let's see how this goes. If y'all want a place to post stuff and chat with like-minded fans of the Broken (if we ever get them :P) then this link is for you.

https://discord.gg/kcf5rGK