Bring rated Blitz for S4

Would be pretty dope

13 Likes

Agreed, please Blizzard!

2 Likes

They still haven’t done anything about FC or Rogue imbalances but idc

Just wanna gear up in BGs. Screw shuffle and its 30 minute Qs

1 Like

From there last post it seems like their tuning it. But i bet it will be a war within feature. S4 gonna be more ded then s3, ima just do pve this time around so i can actually play the game.

S4 shadowlands allowed shuffle to accumulate rating so I am hopeful it will happen now with blitz. I do like arena, but I agree that battlegrounds need a way to be more rewarding.

It did not. Was same as blitz now, a brawl only with an mmr.

It allowed you to upgrade gear as it ranked. It was more than what blitz is right now.

I thought the plan WAS to do this in S4, am I wrong? Did it get pushed back to TWW?? I guess i never saw anything official and just assumed.

1 Like

Yep.
SEND IT

1 Like

Did it? I know it was supposed to during post season / pre patch but was also bugged af and didn’t work.

I think during actual s4 of shadowlands it was 100% unranked with no benefit until they beta tested it in post season (like October 22, 1 month before DF dropped).

There was no plan that was released to the public. We are just assuming it will follow the same path that solo shuffle did.

There’s no way they’ll make this rated in season 4. I think it makes more sense for them to use a fully rated version as a feature for the next expansion.

1 Like

I don’t believe it was ever said to be going rated this xpac.

They used the same verbiage on blitz as they used for solo shuffle in SL:

As mentioned in our initial post, we’re approaching this idea in a tempered manner. Adding a new format to PvP is a big commitment. Our intent is to implement this feature as a PvP Brawl first, so we can experiment with the format, discover any problems, and consider player feedback. If the format is well-received during the brawl, we can dig into additional details on the plan for a rated mode, including rating changes, how the ladder will work, rewards, leavers, and additional team matching.

PTR for Blitz :arrow_up:

Release of shuffle :arrow_down:

We’re approaching this idea carefully as adding a new format to PvP is a big commitment. Our intent is to implement this idea as a PvP Brawl first, so we can experiment with the format, discover any problems, and receive your feedback. If the format is well-received during the brawl, we can dig into the plan for rating changes, dealing with people abandoning the match, how the ladder will work, and rewards.

3 Likes

Oh you could be right. I can’t remember if it was S4 or after now lol

Bummer! I was looking forward to trying it out. I expect it’ll be a bit of a dumpster fire, but so was solo shuffle (as expected) and I enjoy that way more than I thought I would.

1 Like

I enjoy bgb more than anything for the fact that teams are evenishly matched and no premades. It’s really my go to pvp format for chill mode.

Edit: it’ll be a shame if they don’t at least give us a no rewards rating because “testing”

4 Likes

Iirc, during s4 post season and df prepatch they did just that with solo shuffle.

So could see something similar.

Good time to live beta test it rating, deserter and all.

It did.

It did during s4 postseason which was df prepatch.

Phase One: October 25

• Rated Solo Shuffle: First introduced as a PvP Brawl, we up the stakes by adding the ability for players to earn (or lose!) rating with the introduction of Rated Solo Shuffle. Players will be able to earn seasonal rewards and achievements, credit toward Vicious Mounts, weekly great vault progress, and Conquest similar to Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas. Cross-faction play will also be enabled. Dragonflight-specific ratings and rewards will become available with the start of Dragonflight Season 1.

Season 4 started August 2 and officially ended on October 24 the day before prepatch.

Like many expansions, there was a goofy postseason where rating could still be gained but glad and rank 1 were no longer earnable, and in this case rated solo shuffle started.

Not trying to be pedantic, just saying anyone expecting s4 of df to have rated blitz bc of postseason s4 of sl is going to be disappointed come may or whenever s4 drops.

1 Like

Ah okay didn’t realize we were referencing specific seasons. Was just confirming at some point before DF launch RSS did have a rating system.

1 Like

100%.

Again, I’m not trying to be the “wel actually” guy, just that our memories are weird around the season bc it was super short anyway, plus the “postseason” / prepatch makes things super grey.

Edit: also s4 sucked and we probably all want to forget it existed. Started with cq cap for no reason, then was super short and extraordinarily deflated anyway.