Bring original Dungeon finder to WotLK classic

Its was much better than that new manual system.

161 Likes

I still think their plan is to release it later and then pat themselves on the back for a job well done.

54 Likes

Have you used the new system? As in youre in the beta and over the last 36 hours you’ve used it to make a group and run a dungeon with that group?

5 Likes

I hope a lot of people are ready to be denied groups over and over again just trying to do the heroic daily. I hope everyone likes the gatekeeping Blizzard is introducing here.

68 Likes

I think everyone should give the new system a chance it may not be what you personally want but at least it appears to be an improvement over what is currently in TBC.

6 Likes

Will be no different people will take the meta classes/specs first and everyone else will be right where they are now.

23 Likes

Used it in Retail years ago when it was introduced. Wasn’t great. We already have GBB and RDF would be better.

12 Likes

It’s not the exactly like it was then. At least from what I remember this is a slight upgrade to what we had in TBC and Wrath before they rolled out the modern LFD.

I understand why they’re removing it for wotlk content.

But I really think they should add it for classic-BC dungeons. Makes leveling a lot more fun.

2 Likes

It shouldnt be added back.

I saw how it damaged the game the first time around.

6 Likes

Frankly most of the damage came when they implemented cross server grouping - that’s what eliminated the possibility to serendipitous interactions with people you grouped with out in the open word.

My BIGGEST concern is that this system will become what group finder in retail is - if you don’t include your gearscore in the description then no one will invite you and if your GS isn’t absurdly high then no one will invite you. In retail I’m 250 iLvL and people decline me for mythic +0 which is outrageous. I guarantee this will become the same situation. The benefit of RDF is that you can apply a blanket minimum based on what’s actuallly required to complete the content and then remove any arbitrary discrimination above that level. It’s going to feel really crappy to not be pre raid BiS and have people refuse to let you in a heroic dungeon group for it when RDF would have let you in.

8 Likes

Make your own group then you have the key to the gate.

2 Likes

What’s outrageous is you think people should invite you even if more qualified people are applying. Who do you think you are?

1 Like

Right?

If he thinks its such a problem he can start a group and take who he choses. If he isnt a hypocrit he will chose the people with lower item level

1 Like

This is exactly what will happen. When given the choice between the social aspect and min/maxing your experience. The play base choses the latter every time.

If it was truly about the social aspect then LFG board would look like this.

“LFM H Nexus, Be friendly and play well with others”

16 Likes

Then spend 2 hours spamming for a tank and heals

5 Likes

In retail, you can have a bunch of people all sign up. You may be 250 but there also may be 5 other people signed up that you can’t see that are all 260 (especially this week when it’s the “run 4 mythics for a heroic raid piece” weekly).

Why is it outrageous that they should be picked over you? Why is it outrageous that not everyone who signs up can be invited. There’s only 3 dps spots in one group.

The only way to be assured a spot is to make your own group. Always been that way. You’re 250, make your own group. The solution to your issue is already in your hands.

2 Likes

Don’t have to spam, your listing stays there.

1 Like

It’s all in your head.

22 Likes

I hope they add RDF makes no sense on why they wouldn’t include something majority of players prefer, the new UI style is better to replace the current UI but it shouldn’t trump RDF

19 Likes