Bring back zone level requirements

Scaling worked out well while we were going from 1-120, but now its really a pointless process. In Chromie Time, you can pretty much go to any zone and start leveling there. Most zones start at 10-50, 15-50 or 20-50. This negates having zones level locked so you follow the progression of the story lines.

You should now be able to level out of a zone like it was back in the day. Then you have a reason to follow the storyline/level progression while knowing some zones are just going to be too high level to solo in.

Bring back the times when leveling and exploring were fun, not trivial.

5 Likes

You can always play Classic.

9 Likes

Why do players always point backwards to Classic. Op has a valid remark for retail.

4 Likes

Classic is classic, I’m not suggesting reverting things back to those days. Just suggesting that zones per expansion are more normalized to the original intention of the expansion. Heck, that’s what Chromie Time is for, to relive older content.

1 Like

They could probably do that for outside Chromie Time. Is that what you were suggesting?

For older content, not the current content. Only in the Chromie Time versions.

Not sure I follow. Within Chromie Time you are intended to level entirely within one expansion’s content, so leveling restrictions wouldn’t make sense. Outside Chromie Time though, they could probably readd level locks.

If you go into Outlands and check the maps for recommended levels (In Chromie Time), you can pretty much go to any zone and start leveling.

Hellfire Peninsula - 10 to 50
Zangarmarsh - 10 to 50
Terrokar Forest - 15 to 50
Nagrand - 15 to 50
Blades Edge - 20-50
Shadowmoon Valley - 25 to 50
Netherstorm - 25 to 50

I feel these should be more in line with how the expansion was designed to be played when it came out. So with Chromie Time, the zones should look more like this IMO

Hellfire Peninsula - 10 to 25
Zangarmarsh - 20 to 30
Terrokar Forest - 25 to 40
Nagrand - 25 to 40
Blades Edge - 30 to 45
Shadowmoon Valley - 35 to 50
Netherstorm - 35 to 50

That’s just an example of what I am saying. You should be able to level out of a zone like it used to be back then and not be able to level in zones that were meant to be higher level zones.

Dear god no.

3 Likes

Ah, I disagree. I prefer the choice in leveling zone order we have now, but YMMV.

1 Like

how does zones having level brackets make them fun to explore

1 Like

I think it would be great for the non-chromie time questing to revert, leaving chromie time for those who want chromie time.

Chromie Time was from my understanding a way to go back to older expansions and level through the storylines like the expansion was newly released. Being able to just go willy nilly to wherever you want doesn’t give that experience when it was initially released. Outlands as an example again, I remember when it released and doing Chromie Time is nice, but its not even close to the feeling of when it was released. Pretty much everything you run into you can easily kill no matter where you are.

Well, lucky you. BC classic is coming.

I always enjoyed that.

No, it is a way to go back to the older expansions and level while experiencing their stories.

It is not a promise of a Classic-esque recreation of the expansion.

1 Like

Have you even played Chromie Time? Most zones have lower level requirements. For example, I leveled via Pandaria. I couldnt just immediately go to Dread Wastes at level 10. I dont know what you’re on about.

2 Likes

They have minimums, he wants maximums as well.

Did you see the list of zone levels in Outlands? Yes, I have done Chromie Time. You level up to 20-25 in the first zone, then you can go anywhere… that was the point, I’m not saying Classic, because retail is much better for QoL and leveling. My suggestion was just to have a more defined level range per zone that was closer to the original content. Being able to level out of a zone.

I agree. I love it. I have played through wrath I want to say a hudnred times over the years and for whatever reasons I skip over Scholazar Basin. I ran into a quest chain for the first time and it seemed like the game was new to me. Amazing addition to the game.

2 Likes

No thanks, this is how the scaling was intended and it works fine. Focus on endgame content now.

1 Like