Bring back tier sets... but

Throwing the baby out with the bath water is rarely a good tactic.

imagine if this guy was a dev

Nah, I’m glad tier is gone. I miss the unique appearances, but I hated the bonuses. They were either so good that you didn’t want to give them up for the next tier or so inconsequential or so bad that you didn’t care and just wanted to be shot of them.

No.
That’s a horrible condition.
Bring them back as they were, not as some diluted piece of garbage.
Unless you’re saying M+ tier sets should be a thing? And the return of PvP sets?

I don’t care about PvP, an easier solution would be to bring back PvP stats, not nerf PVE gear.

Gear sets were cool for their xmog value, when Blizz put the effort into it. But I thought set bonuses were meh because they forced a Dev team mandated build and playstyle. At least with az gear players had some choices.

So yes to xmogs and no to everything else.

1 Like

the future should be set bonus only in the content they come from.

I’m happy for ring and trinket sets from mythic plus being disabled outside mythic plus.

Otherwise I don’t want tier sets back at all.

Let’s take an example. A retribution paladin gets two set bonuses. Theoretically they are as follows

1. increase damage of divine storm by 10%z
  2. increase haste by 5% while avenging wrath is active.

Set bonuses like this would destroy mythic plus. All things being equal ie same stats ilvl of gear etc and the rest paladin with those two set bonuses would do considerably more damage over a mythic dungeon. That ruins the competitive nature of mythic plus for those that don’t raid.

Hence why the set bonuses must be disabled outside of raids. If it’s for raids - no problem. But things like that have a direct impact on mythic plus and PvP for the worse.

I like the idea of sets. It feel very rewarding to finish a set.

I would love to have raid, mythic plus, and pvp sets

Having people in mythic plus with two set bonuses which is “ x ability x% additional damage” gives players a distinct advantage.

yes, it does, that’s why we do it. If I have invested time and effort grinding either M+ or Raids then I want that payoff for my character, not for my character when they are in the content they got it from but for my character as a whole

2 Likes

Well tier sets are coming back in a cosmetic way.

And that is all I want then. Set bonuses are a scourge.

Why?

Yea, set bonuses started getting out of control, by Legion it was ridiculous. Classic did a good job as did BC.

If you think blizzard isn’t already contemplating this you’re kidding yourselves.

Obviously set bonus impact on other content is on their radar which is why they tribally the set bonus on the trinkets that only works in the raid. Expect more of this.

I disagree with this. Tier sets are bonuses you earned by performing in a certain level of content. They should work everywhere. Instead, what should happen is that PvP gear should be the best for PvP by providing other stats in addition to pvp specific set bonuses which will severely outperform tier sets in arena.

As far as M+ goes, it’s irrelevant. PvE is PvE.

1 Like

Then the tier sets shouldn’t be from drops on the raid. They should be from currency that drops on the raid and on mythic plus.

But let me guess you don’t want that because you should have to raid to get it right?

this is the dumbest idea ive ever heard

1 Like

It’s a great idea. That has already started being implemented. Tell me… why would blizzard make a trinket set have a set bonus that only works inside the raid if they weren’t testing that stuff out for tier set bonuses? Why do it? Why would a set bonus that only works inside the raid even be on their radar if they weren’t already thinking about the concept?

That’s right boys - it’s because they already are thinking about it. The trinket set is just a dry run.

Because they don’t want people to use last tiers trinkets in the newest raid.

Sometimes the simplest answer is the correct one. Lots of people using EP trinks still.

The secondary effect still work. It’s the set bonus that doesn’t work outside the raid.

God it must scare you all that they are doing this. I love it. Guaranteed in shadowlands this is what happens.