Bring back tier sets... but

Bring back tier sets but on one condition.

Set bonuses only work in the raid you get the tier set from. Much like the set bonus for the trinket set in Nyalotha.

Tier sets have the ability to distort PvP and Mythic plus so their tier set bonuses MUST be confined to the way they come from.

1 Like

Literally everything but simple flat stats could disrupt other content and even then whoever has the bigger numbers would be the same.

Bring back tier sets as cosmetics at least but the argument about them being bad for PvP or “Shoehorning” people into certain builds doesn’t hold much water.

I think sets should exist AND work everywhere, at least for PvE/world stuff. Raids need a leg up on M+ to stay relevant below Mythic.

13 Likes

This is a pretty good point, actually.

Or, better yet, give M+ their own tier sets and have their abilities only activate in M+ content.

If the M+ tier sets were purchased from a vendor instead of being drops, it might add the determinism WoW lost back in.

3 Likes

The issue I start to see arise is the multiple gear sets one, where you have multiple sets filling your bag spaces just because you do M+ and raid. Which is why they changed sets to change with specs in the first place partly (I think).

No tier sets usually come with some type of power that will no doubt make them mandatory, forcing people who only M+ to raid in order to be successful. Tier sets bonus MUST only work in their corresponding raid. They are a mean with overcoming the challenges of the raid. If you are only a heroic raider then you will/won’t get better gear from mythic plus.

If you want tier set bonuses to exist this must be the trade off. And no to open world too.

How about…

“Bring back tier sets but don’t try to fix problems that don’t exist by adding unnecessary limitations.”

13 Likes

No to M+ having sets. Takes away from the freedom of customisation that M+ offers.

It’s almost like azerite traits were trying to fix this.

Still, I’d like to see some class based cosmetics at least.

That’s fine by me. Just make the same item look different depending on what class you play.

No set bonuses. Just purely cosmetic.

Deal.

Allow custom traits, minus the azerite grind.

Have class customization vendors or something for transmog looks like the class hall sets.

I like options.

1 Like

Bottom line is class tier set bonus will impact PvP and M+.

Can’t have that happen.

Their set bonuses are confined to the raid or they don’t exist.

mehh why have set gear if it only works in raids—that’s just plain silly.

Sets were fun and it also meant they could be tailored to each class. Shared sets are 1) boring because everyone looks the same 2) suck for some classes because the itemized stats budget is bad or mediocre for most classes.

1 Like

I think they should bring back raid sets, dungeon sets, AND pvp sets. The bonuses can work in any environment, but the bonuses would be more suited for their corresponding content.

I do think an argument could be made to disable certain pve bonuses/trinkets in rated pvp, however.

1 Like

I am getting lost on the “why”.

Why can tier sets impact raiding, but not be allowed to impact m+?

1 Like

Why not?

It’s from raids.

It’s designed to help you complete raids.

It makes perfect sense for set bonuses to be confined to raids.

Having people in mythic plus with two set bonuses which is “ x ability x% additional damage” gives players a distinct advantage.

Maybe its merely designed to “help you dps more” or “help you heal more”.

And it should be confined to any content where you are dpsing, healing, tanking. Which is all of it.

1 Like

That’s why traits are nifty and on all version of armor.

No because it forces PvPers to raid to be as competitive.

Same for mythic plus players.

Raid set bonuses must be confined to raids.

They are already doing it with the trinket set in nyalotha.

That means that set bonuses working in this fashion is already on Blizzards radar.

Expect it moving forward.