Bring back tier sets... but

I am about to vendor my haste proc trinket :frowning: I carry around my vita charged titan shard hoping one day its worth me using. Till then? Using an older trinket 15 ilvls lower.

I miss them and find them to be better than azerite armor.

Wanted to swap specs, hit a button, want to do that now carry around even more gear or pay a lot of gold in trait swamping . . no thanks.

Yet I still had to carry around a bunch of gear with tier sets.

Some tier sets have been so bad in the past it actively made you worse. Some you just wanted your 2 piece. Some you wanted your 4.

I’d say that is class to class and tier to tier.

They all functioned different, looked different, had a theme to them.

Now a Mage, looks like a Lock, looks like Priest . . .boring.

I can agree there were times when you carried 2 from one 4 from another but as it stand now, my Druid has Tank 3, boomy 3, feral 3 so that’s 9 over 6.

Again maybe some specs wanted different pieces so you could get 9 as well but that seems like it would be a rarer event vs what is currently in place.

Nope. Raiding needs something to make it attractive again. M+ just has too much going for it in comparison.

I want Tier sets to come back as they were in all x-pacs prior to BFA and I want the Bonus’ to work in all aspects of the game. Raiders are required to run M+ currently to min/max so I don’t see the issue if the opposite becomes the case.

1 Like

That is homogenization. No class fantasy. Which people praised Legion for having an overabundance of this.

I try to keep my mind open. When I first heard of corruption gear, I was under the assumption they wanted to experiment and I encouraged this to see if they could salvage the new gear system.

They need to know when something has failed. Again the community is upset as there is a complete imbalance with pieces of gear and it shows on the charts. Which is heavily reliable on RNG. It is a broken system.

Personally myself, I don’t bother. I can’t be bothered. As there is no real reward and no incentive.

Now by having this mentality my chances of actually participating in higher end game content are slim to none. So that alienates me from engaging/playing with others. It is a broken system.

Azerite armor chased off a majority of players and seeing the numbers of people participating in island expeditions and just complaining about them confirms this. As this was the best way to gather AP. They couldn’t be bothered either and quit instead.

Me, grinding AP was never a priority. To participate in a point system that I will never use in future expansions. Or get some type of reward that would last me the rest of the time I play. (Which usually comes down to cosmetic. This is why I have been very vocal about cosmetics lately. Mounts, pets could be categorized in this also.)

I am not supportive of the uninspired, generic, homogenized looking gear that you have to hope the RNG Gods will give you BiS to even compete. I believe a lot of people are not happy with it either.

I don’t know if they will ever go back to Tier sets. I have been talking about it for a couple of months. While other people been focusing on the gameplay aspects of it and the awful grinding on all ends it has caused. I’ve been more upset with how people will not be inspired to recreate these sets and share it with everyone for many years to come. Again, T2 Paladin armor anyone? (I’ve always been a cosplay watcher) Also to actually want to participate in raids more often as it is an incentive.

This man speaks the truth!

Naked pvp is the best pvp.

/wink

/waggle

2 Likes

ion said no he wants you chasing ilvl cheese like a mouse on a treadmill every single patch.

Someone clearly doesn’t remember tier 10 retadins.

Throwing the baby out with the bath water is rarely a good tactic.

imagine if this guy was a dev

Nah, I’m glad tier is gone. I miss the unique appearances, but I hated the bonuses. They were either so good that you didn’t want to give them up for the next tier or so inconsequential or so bad that you didn’t care and just wanted to be shot of them.

No.
That’s a horrible condition.
Bring them back as they were, not as some diluted piece of garbage.
Unless you’re saying M+ tier sets should be a thing? And the return of PvP sets?

I don’t care about PvP, an easier solution would be to bring back PvP stats, not nerf PVE gear.

Gear sets were cool for their xmog value, when Blizz put the effort into it. But I thought set bonuses were meh because they forced a Dev team mandated build and playstyle. At least with az gear players had some choices.

So yes to xmogs and no to everything else.

1 Like

the future should be set bonus only in the content they come from.

I’m happy for ring and trinket sets from mythic plus being disabled outside mythic plus.

Otherwise I don’t want tier sets back at all.

Let’s take an example. A retribution paladin gets two set bonuses. Theoretically they are as follows

1. increase damage of divine storm by 10%z
  2. increase haste by 5% while avenging wrath is active.

Set bonuses like this would destroy mythic plus. All things being equal ie same stats ilvl of gear etc and the rest paladin with those two set bonuses would do considerably more damage over a mythic dungeon. That ruins the competitive nature of mythic plus for those that don’t raid.

Hence why the set bonuses must be disabled outside of raids. If it’s for raids - no problem. But things like that have a direct impact on mythic plus and PvP for the worse.

I like the idea of sets. It feel very rewarding to finish a set.

I would love to have raid, mythic plus, and pvp sets

Having people in mythic plus with two set bonuses which is “ x ability x% additional damage” gives players a distinct advantage.

yes, it does, that’s why we do it. If I have invested time and effort grinding either M+ or Raids then I want that payoff for my character, not for my character when they are in the content they got it from but for my character as a whole

2 Likes

Well tier sets are coming back in a cosmetic way.