Bring back the Bots!

Yet again proof that people will always find something to complain about.

Here’s a tip. If the prices of certain items have gone up, farm/craft that item and sell it.

Do you know what that means? It means that you, the normal player, now get more value out of your farming time. So now you can actually start playing the game rather than buying gold

5 Likes

I see it differently. I’m not changing my farm to DM tribute or changing my professions all of a sudden to herbing.

Instead, the gold farm I already do, Mara runs, just buys me half as much as it used to because of less supply. Mara is still the superior gold farm so what other suggestion do you hve?

In fact, when prices skyrocket like that, it will actually drive more casual players to purchase gold online to fill the much larger wealth gap now

My take away is, most of the issues in the game come from the players, not the game itself.

No, those prices are proof that AQ is coming up soon. They spiked for the BWL announcement too, and all the ZG mats spiked when ZG was announced. AQ turn in mats have also spiked.

When they announce Naxx, expect Naxx related mats to spike, especially stuff like arcanite.

Bro…prices spiked a week and a half ago when they banned the bots…not yesterday when they announced AQ

The moment AQ went on the PTR we knew it was coming soon, which absolutely wasn’t yesterday.

As soon as it was on the PTR, prices began to spike for everything AQ related, as we expected.

AQ has been on the PTR for a while…again the price change was 100% not in relation to AQ. It was 100% the botters and the 30 instance lockout

It’s pretty well known (or it should be) that botters were the ones who were selling hundreds of Major Health Potions and Major Mana Potions way below the cost of the mats.

My server had several thousand of each pot posted by botters every morning and night.

Prices were extremely cheap as a result because the market couldn’t absorb all that excess supply and the botters kept undercutting one another.

Now that supply has disappeared and prices have adjusted to that. Most of the Major Health Pots/Mana Pots being sold right now are from legit players who are selling smaller amounts.

Now alchemists are listing the pots because it’s profitable.

So the only people who benefit are alchemists and herbalists?

Yeah seems like more expensive pots are good for the community in your mind seeing as you are 300 alch/herb

A little over two weeks. The banwave was June 17, the AQ ptr announcement June 12, the instance change June 16. That four days is not the massive difference in time you’re trying to sell here.

Sure, despite the prices spiking every time there’s a raid announcement, and they’ll spike for Naxx too- this just happens to be the one unique time that prices spike right when a raids announced but it has absolutely nothing to do with that raid.

Make a bot on 4 different servers, still be able to farm dungeons 24/7- sure sounds like that massive reduction of no downtime for bots has a massive effect on the economy.

At this point the blue post was 18 days ago. Prices continued to dip up to the day 74,000 accounts got banned. Righteous orbs dipped to 6g and then skyrocketed to over 30g before stabilizing. In bwl/ZG announcement orbs moved but not 5x…in bwl mana pots went up about 1g and then continued to dip the very next week after launch.

Yes I know with announcement of AQ mats and item prices go up, but this particular spike in the market can clearly be traced back to a different catalyst

Adapt and stop whining. Actually you’re not even whining; you’re advocating against the health of the game because you’re personally inconvenienced. Stay in school kids.

1 Like

I assume you have the market data for that? Because from the looks of it on June 14- after the AQ PTR announcement and before the instance change- orbs were average about 25g, and now the US average is about 30g. There was indeed a big spike the day of the bot banwave- and then immediately it well back to within a few gold of where the average had been for quite some time. It doesn’t show however the prices staying stable right til the bot banwave, increasing 5x and then staying at that level.

To me that looks like a kneejerk market reaction to speculation- and for the price of orbs to go up 5g after the announcement of a new raid, which will have new weapons that need enchants, I’d have to say that I’m not surprised in the slightest. Other than the one day blip, the average price before AQ PTR and the current price is what I’d expect even with nothing at all done to bots.

But that’s according to NA data, let’s take a look at an actual server. According to my auction mod, just logged onto WM the most bot heavy server.

The price right before the bot announcement was 15.5g, the price right now is 12g.

Yeah, prices have gone down since the bot ‘banwave’, doesn’t seem that effective at all.

3-day price on major healing potions- 30s. Major mana potions are above 3g so those have gone up a bit- but of course they have, you don’t really need them in BWL but for the first few weeks I expect guilds to be using them in AQ or at least having a stockpile prepped.

The bots never left, but their competitors which were keeping them from holding a monopoly on the market sure did. The companies which run the bots love inflated AH prices cause it means they can sell less gold for more real money.

Also means your raw gold is worth less. So any raw gold accumulated through playing the game is losing value.

Imagine pathetically begging for bots to trash your server economy

1 Like

Bots take up player spots for queue so nah, they can leave, nobody loves them.

1 Like

That actually sounds kind of awesome the Chinese are doing it right

Slowly, people will stop buying gold and begin farming again as the bots disappear. Every large server economy has at least 6 months of “healing” to undergo before prices aren’t completely stupid.